DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLVED: Connecting the M2P to CrystalSky

Reactions
I have the M2P and CrystalSky. I was able to update the software, but I can't connect the aircraft. I have it laid out on a table with no mount. I have the USB plugged into the bottom port of the controller and the other end of the cable plugged into the bottom port of the CS. That didn't work so I used a different cable, plugged in the USB into the bottom port of the controller, and the other into the CS port on the left side (last port). What am I doing wrong?

Have you still got the little cable plugged into the side of the Mavic remote controller? Turn it all off - unplug the USB at the side of the remote and re connect using only the USB at the bottom of the remote and into the USB-C on the CS screen.

Also note that the way the USB-C socket is designed - 'thicker' plugs may not sit flush with the CS screen so it wont be all the way in. Try a USB-C cable with a smaller plug and see if that helps.

I have the M2P and CrystalSky. I was able to update the software, but I can't connect the aircraft. I have it laid out on a table with no mount. I have the USB plugged into the bottom port of the controller and the other end of the cable plugged into the bottom port of the CS. That didn't work so I used a different cable, plugged in the USB into the bottom port of the controller, and the other into the CS port on the left side (last port). What am I doing wrong?
I was in the same boat and just happen to run into someone who had a fix. you'll need the DJI remote controller mounting bracket (spare part #3) and the Polarpro Crystalsky remote mount. You'll only use the lower portion of the polarpro mount to attach the DJI remote controller mounting bracket and plug the cable into the bottom USB port. I was lucky in that I already had both items laying around.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3871.jpg
    IMG_3871.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
I was in the same boat and just happen to run into someone who had a fix. you'll need the DJI remote controller mounting bracket (spare part #3) and the Polarpro Crystalsky remote mount. You'll only use the lower portion of the polarpro mount to attach the DJI remote controller mounting bracket and plug the cable into the bottom USB port. I was lucky in that I already had both items laying around.

Why does the mount help with the connection?

Reactions: Kilrah
Have you still got the little cable plugged into the side of the Mavic remote controller? Turn it all off - unplug the USB at the side of the remote and re connect using only the USB at the bottom of the remote and into the USB-C on the CS screen.

Also note that the way the USB-C socket is designed - 'thicker' plugs may not sit flush with the CS screen so it wont be all the way in. Try a USB-C cable with a smaller plug and see if that helps.
I guess we were talking apples and oranges I was referring to the mounting issues since DJI has not put out their Mavic 2Pro mount bracket yet.

I guess we were talking apples and oranges I was referring to the mounting issues since DJI has not put out their Mavic 2Pro mount bracket yet.
I thought the OP was having problems connecting the aircraft to the CS - not physically mounting the craft to the controller.

That worked....thanks so much!

Reactions: inkytog
My question is ... does the software work? I got the CS Ultra 7.85 and updated it, and it won't show me a Mavic 2 or run any of the needed features. Did you get your CS to work with a Mavic 2, and if so, how?

My question is ... does the software work? I got the CS Ultra 7.85 and updated it, and it won't show me a Mavic 2 or run any of the needed features. Did you get your CS to work with a Mavic 2, and if so, how?

Yes. It’s working.
I assume you’ve updated the CS firmware but you need to also go into the dji go app on the CS device and update from there. Think you click on the person icon at the bottom and scroll down till you see the update bit. You should see an update available.

DJI split the firmware and software updates a while back on CS devices.

Yup ... that was the answer. Working now. Interesting that they would force the dual-upgrade in the initial device setup. As I was struggling with this, and after my first flight where I figured out a bunch of stuff was missing and quickly landed, a pop-up opened and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the new DJI-Go version.

The lack of common sense among software developers ... never ceases to amaze me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman