DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Some of the latest projects I've been working on...

Good stick work there! Lots of different things in the video! Nicely Done!

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
On this one I used Premiere Pro only since I already had a different version built using that software. I just replaced some clips and retimed some things to make it all fit together better.

On this one I used Premiere Pro only since I already had a different version built using that software. I just replaced some clips and retimed some things to make it all fit together better.
great video. question, how long does the drone hover to make time-lapse video?

great video. question, how long does the drone hover to make time-lapse video?
It depends on 2 things, how long you want the clip to be and what the interval between photos is set to. I normally use about 2 seconds between capture and go for anywhere from a 10-15 second clip. @Dale D is the guy to ask about them if you want to know more. He does a lot with timelapse and hyperlapse on the drones and DSLR cameras. He has a lot more experience at them than myself.
Edit: It can take up to 10 minutes or more depending on settings but the drone will let you know if what you choose is longer than the battery you have left.

It depends on 2 things, how long you want the clip to be and what the interval between photos is set to. I normally use about 2 seconds between capture and go for anywhere from a 10-15 second clip. @Dale D is the guy to ask about them if you want to know more. He does a lot with timelapse and hyperlapse on the drones and DSLR cameras. He has a lot more experience at them than myself.
Edit: It can take up to 10 minutes or more depending on settings but the drone will let you know if what you choose is longer than the battery you have left.
Cool--I should have known the DJI drone would let you know how long. Just like flying out and it tells you about your battery life to get back.
Thank you.

First of all, that was a fantastic mixture of shots and scenes Mavic2Mark.Everything was really just perfect. Right clip length, right compositions, smooth flights, circles, horizontal shots, etc. Naturally, I most enjoyed the timelapse sequences.

I continue to struggle with DRONE timelapses. I too, use mostly a 2 second interval, and try to keep my clips about 5 seconds. So , at 24 frames per second x 5 second clip, it is 120 seconds or 2 minutes of flight, and so on. For a sunset or sunrise which can take about 5-10 minutes real time, you can do the math. Figure 5 second intervals (or 60 divided by 5=12 shots per minute), and multiply by (x) 10 minutes=120 shots. I still continue to struggle with wobbles when doing timelapse. My timelapse expertise is mostly done with a tripod. I find that a 3-5 second timelapse clip is long enough for most films, and the interval is determined by the subject. For slow moving clouds I am using 3 second intervals or 60 divided by 3= 20 shots per minute. For 5 minutes, it would be 100 shots, etc.

Dale
Miami

Thanks for the praise Dale. I'm glad you liked the video. As I said, I consider you one of the most experienced at timelapses.

Thanks for the praise Dale. I'm glad you liked the video. As I said, I consider you one of the most experienced at timelapses.
Here is a mostly timelapse video I did last year that I am quite proud of. Watch for the illumination of the downtown buildings from day to night towards the end. This film (2:42 min) includes both drone footage and tripod timelapses. Be sure to go full screen.

And now to bed- Eastern Daylight time is nearly 11PM.
Dale
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Love
Here is a mostly timelapse video I did last year that I am quite proud of. Watch for the illumination of the downtown buildings from day to night towards the end. This film (2:42 min) includes both drone footage and tripod timelapses. Be sure to go full screen.

And now to bed- Eastern Daylight time is nearly 11PM.
Dale
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Some beautiful night shots in there as well!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackhour