DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some stills with the M2P..

They're great shots! I wish to get like that one day too! LOL Did you do any post edit? If so - with what software?
Thanks. I did edit these. I use ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020.

Thanks for sharing these images.

Can you provide some details about what we are seeing on the horizon in image #1 and #2? The shadows appear from the right so I’m not sure what the overexposure (?) is about; if, that’s what it is?

thanks.

Reactions: Brice McMillan
Some photos with my M2P. Recorded in Mondsee / Austria

Attachments

• DJI_0114 #.jpg
    DJI_0114 #.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DJI_0130 #.jpg
    DJI_0130 #.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • DJI_0132 #.jpg
    DJI_0132 #.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • DJI_0149 #.jpg
    DJI_0149 #.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • DJI_0161 #.jpg
    DJI_0161 #.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0184 #.jpg
    DJI_0184 #.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • DJI_0349 #.jpg
    DJI_0349 #.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DJI_0352 #.jpg
    DJI_0352 #.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • DJI_0373 #.jpg
    DJI_0373 #.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 18

Can you provide some details about what we are seeing on the horizon in image #1 and #2? The shadows appear from the right so I’m not sure what the overexposure (?) is about; if, that’s what it is?

thanks.
That sir would be my undeveloped skill set. Both 1 and 2 were taken just to the left of the third image and the sky was completely washed out. The angle for both was pretty much the same just at different altitude. Pointers welcomed.

thanks.
It is a result of over doing the post processing, which is a common practice for those not really used to using the software. The correct way to saturate the colours or do some HDR to an image is to do it so that it is not blatantly obvious, but rather makes the viewer think, wow this is an amazing photo, but I am not really sure why I think that way. Subtle is the way to go when doing post processing, rather than in your face smacking. It just takes practice and I'm sure the OP will be doing much better very soon. Doing post editing well is a learning curve but one, with practice, is easily achievable.

Last edited:
It is a result of over doing the post processing, which is a common practice for those not really used to using the software. The correct way to saturate the colours or do some HDR to an image is to do it so that it is not blatantly obvious, but rather makes the viewer think, wow this is an amazing photo, but I am not really sure why I think that way. Subtle is the way to go when doing post processing, rather than in your face smacking. It just takes practice and I'm sure the OP will be doing much better very soon. Doing post editing well is a learning curve but one, with practice, is easily achievable.
Thank you for your input. Once I stepped back and actually looked at the images they look over done to me. In the first image you can even tell were I attempted to remove some power lines. I still have the raw images and think I’ll give them another go. Thanks again

Here is the redo's. I think they're much more pleasing.

Attachments

• DJI_0001a.jpg
    DJI_0001a.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0007a.jpg
    DJI_0007a.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
Its getting better but there is a lot to learn and it can't be done in a few weeks really. I just opened up your shadows a little more on one of your images, I hope you don't mind. I also darkened the sky slightly (though not the way I would normally go about it) just to bring out a little more shape in the clouds. As it looks right now that sky I altered is far too dark along the top and side sections, so ignore that as a finished item. Just look at the land shadowed area on the right to see how a bit more is there to see now. Again this was just quick and dirty and not meant to be a finished change.DJI_0007a Adjusted shadows.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB