DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some video sequences not recorded in the GO 4 app cache

Reactions
Hi there!

For my first post around here after my introduction, I'd like to know more about how the video cache in the GO 4 app work. I like to quickly get an idea of what I've shot by looking at the cached videos and pictures in the Editor section of the app while in the field. But I've noticed that not all the videos nor all the pictures are showing in the app, and I can't figure out why some are and some aren't.

For example today I shot a total of 14 video sequences and 4 pictures. I downloaded all of them in full resolution from the MA tonight. But looking at the album in the app, I only see half of them, 7 videos and 2 pictures. I don't think it's about the cache getting full, because I still see recordings from the last several days. I've set the cache to 4 GB in the app, and I set it to overwrite older stuff when it's full.

Does anybody has an idea of what's going on? By the way I use the GO 4 app on an iPhone X, and everything is up do date as of today.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi there!

For my first post around here after my introduction, I'd like to know more about how the video cache in the GO 4 app work. I like to quickly get an idea of what I've shot by looking at the cached videos and pictures in the Editor section of the app while in the field. But I've noticed that not all the videos nor all the pictures are showing in the app, and I can't figure out why some are and some aren't.

For example today I shot a total of 14 video sequences and 4 pictures. I downloaded all of them in full resolution from the MA tonight. But looking at the album in the app, I only see half of them, 7 videos and 2 pictures. I don't think it's about the cache getting full, because I still see recordings from the last several days. I've set the cache to 4 GB in the app, and I set it to overwrite older stuff when it's full.

Does anybody has an idea of what's going on? By the way I use the GO 4 app on an iPhone X, and everything is up do date as of today.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Connect to the craft, Open dji go app, on bottom right corner of app you will see a little square box- Press it and it will show you everything you recorded- It will only be in 720p

Connect to the craft, Open dji go app, on bottom right corner of app you will see a little square box- Press it and it will show you everything you recorded- It will only be in 720p

Thanks for your quick reply! I had forgotten about that player button. Indeed, all I recorded is there.
But then, why can't I also see everything in the Editor?

Thanks for your quick reply! I had forgotten about that player button. Indeed, all I recorded is there.
But then, why can't I also see everything in the Editor?
I don't know the answer to that. Asteroid shots will not show up on editor. To see everything just use box. I like that feature as I can delete things from it which in turn deletes from your sd card also. Lot faster that downloading everything.

The player button in the live view shows all the recordings on the SD card or internal storage. The MA has to be on and connected.
My question was more about how the cached lower resolution videos and images are automatically downloaded to the phone in the background while flying.

My understanding is that everything should be downloaded within the set cache size limit, and when the cache is full older videos and pictures should be overwritten by the new ones. But that’s not what I experience, since some are downloaded and some aren’t.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Less