DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Somebody please give me good settings on a mini 3.

dirkclod

Reactions
Havn’t flown it but a few times and have YouTubed out. Could someone give me screenshots of theirs .i only fly in normal and use auto for pictures/videos. Had no problems with my M2’s but this is killing me. TIA
dc

RCN1 or DJI RC controller?
What's up that's giving you trouble with the Mini 3? Which settings are you looking for exactly?

Reactions: dirkclod
@dirkclod hi DC what settings are you referring to, flight settings ,or picture settings ?

@dirkclod hi DC what settings are you referring to, flight settings ,or picture settings ?
I shoot in auto so just tuning the yaw.
Mini 3 should fly good Out of the box, mine did. What issues are you having with yours and any particular settings you looking for? I almost always only shoot in auto and rarely go into sports mode and have no issues.
Mine wasn’t ,to jerky. And all I use is what you do..
RCN1 or DJI RC controller?
What's up that's giving you trouble with the Mini 3? Which settings are you looking for exactly?
RCN1. I can’t get it dailed in to be smooth.
I did a reset last night but hadn’t had a chance to fly it.

Reactions: old man mavic
I shoot in auto so just tuning the yaw.

Mine wasn’t ,to jerky. And all I use is what you do..

RCN1. I can’t get it dailed in to be smooth.
I did a reset last night but hadn’t had a chance to fly it.
I'm sorry you're having issues. My experience with the DJI RC controller is that the smoothness of all the movements is pretty incredible. I've wanted to try my RCN1 from my Mini 2 with the Mini 3, but just haven't had the patience or motivation to try to bind the two and test fly.

If you have a Mini 2 and fly with success I am perplexed that you're having trouble with the Mini 3. Since both have RCN1 controllers, are you using the same controller for both drones or do they have separate controllers?

My Mini 2's RCN1 controller has "dead spots" where the sticks start to do something then do nothing more as you push them farther-> then as you push past the dead spots suddenly accelerate. This was mostly apparent when flying at slow speeds and very noticeable if flying indoors. I would imagine that every controller might be a bit different. I don't know.

What I would suggest is take your drone outside and put it up in the air. While you have the controls open, move the yaw left and right and see if it moves at an acceptable speed. Try different speed settings until you get one you think you like. After that, adjust the smoothness so that the yaw is soft enough but doesn't have a movement hangover.

Only had the first mini. The mess up I did was my last ( M2P I had those 3 boxs with the lines tuned in perfect. I set had a screen shot
and set this 3 by those thinking it would be the same.
🙄 Wrong. I should have tryed what it came with before I did anything. My bad. Maybe resetting fixed it but won’t know till I can fly again.
Coming from the M2P to the mini I never liked it and gifted it.

Guys I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear . But as far as I am concerned
i don’t care for this one no more than the first one.
Maybe I need the M3Pro 🤷‍♂️
edit. Expo #s

Only had the first mini. The mess up I did was my last ( M2P I had those 3 boxs with the lines tuned in perfect. I set had a screen shot
and set this 3 by those thinking it would be the same.
🙄 Wrong. I should have tryed what it came with before I did anything. My bad. Maybe resetting fixed it but won’t know till I can fly again.
Coming from the M2P to the mini I never liked it and gifted it.
Ahhhh… M2P only really had EXP, not pitch/yaw speed/smoothness. Don’t mess with the EXP until you set the speed and smoothness to taste. Also, the RCN1 isn’t as smooth flying as the M2Ps controller or even the Mini 1’s. I think I wrote something some time ago about how to set the EXP on the Mini2 which may or may not apply with the Mini3/RCN1 combo. I’ll try to find the thread but may not be until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Havn’t flown it but a few times and have YouTubed out. Could someone give me screenshots of theirs .i only fly in normal and use auto for pictures/videos. Had no problems with my M2’s but this is killing me. TIA
dc
I think I found the link to the thread about how I go about setting the Mini 2. Will it work the same way with the Mini 3? I don't know. But you might find it an interesting approach to test. Here it is...

Approach to setting Mini 2 EXP w/pitch and yaw control

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661