DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone help

maxwallen

Reactions
After my afternoon flight, I brought my mavic inside while rc and mavic were still on as I was looking though photos and videos on my mavics library, a warning had shown on the dji 4 screen telling me “overheating core” or something like that the heat sink (underneath) aircraft felt extremely hot im very concerned if I would of damage any things like electrical plastics sensors ect?
also my mavic has been making a clicking sound from underneath it anyone one know what it is?

Reactions: amstar and Randy
Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Is the fan running?? IMO it is a very noisy fan, and it would be hard to miss it??
The clicking is the ultrasonic sensors I would have thought, and yes, in a quiet area, with good hearing, you might pick them up??!! Your dog or dolphin certainly will.

After my afternoon flight, I brought my mavic inside while rc and mavic were still on as I was looking though photos and videos on my mavics library, a warning had shown on the dji 4 screen telling me “overheating core” or something like that the heat sink (underneath) aircraft felt extremely hot im very concerned if I would of damage any things like electrical plastics sensors ect?
also my mavic has been making a clicking sound from underneath it anyone one know what it is?

First off, is this a Mavic Pro? The clicking sound is most common with the two ultrasonic sensors located on the bottom along with the two cameras.

As for the overheating, the big question I would ask; was/is the cooling fan operating. And if so, was there a possibility you were restricting the airflow?

A quick cool down can be accomplished using a hair blow dryer set on cold. With the Mavic turned off, using the blow dryer, aim the air through the front of the Mavic and allow the heat to flow out the back vents.

Overheating can certainly cook the system if allowed to remain unattended. If the cooling fan was indeed functioning properly, and the airflow was unrestricted, try energizing the system from ambient and monitor the core temperature closely; blow dryer at the ready.

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. From moment I turn on the drone (without blades turning) the cooling fan kicks on at 3 minutes 26 seconds.

If the fan on your drone isn’t turning on at all, and you have warranty, then perhaps a call to DJI might be your next move.

I have one Mavic that the fan isn’t coming on and I couldn’t locate the (thermostat) to replace. I would be interested to know where the fan controller is located if you’re issue takes you down that path.

So I just left my mavic stationary and on to test if the fans will come on, after 1,2 minutes it felt quite warmish hot so I turned it off, note that no fan had came on.

See Mad Mavic above said 3 and a half minutes. Did it feel or smell too hot? They do get quite warm???

Hmm ok mate, it needs to be stripped down to investigate, or sent to someone who can take a look.

I really don’t want to take it for repairs atm as they could be nothing wrong with it, should I try to see if I can rotate the fan?
I am trying for a full refund at jb hi fi because I do think this is a product malfunction and should be refunded

Reactions: dennisz
Compressed air could rotate the fan, but if you are going for a refund, dont mess with it. Take it back.

The situation is hard because the mavic is a wonderful drone until it’s overheated saga, I’m half half to return it because they might just be something stuck in the fan

I might just have to keep it though JB Hi FI probably won’t refund because they’d think there isn’t a probably with it, and this is out of djis hands because I didn’t purchase it from them

NO, JB are really good! Take it back and tell them that it is overheating, and the fan is not coming on.
You will get another one.

I agree with simmo. If it is under waurrenty it’s a no brainer. Otherwise you end up trying to locate the fan controller and in doing so, you void the waurentee.

Reactions: Simmo
Yes I will take it back to JB HI FI and get my refund I had brought it 28th of April 2018, my biggest concerns is them Turing the product away

Update on the overheating problem, I have taken it for a fly but only in a restricted area hovering very low in case of failure, on the dji 4 app the temperature kept rising from 30 c to up to 47.8 c the aircraft had held up a whole estimated 100% battery life without any over heating core issue the fan really couldn’t be heard

Attachments

• 8F0AF5A8-F6FE-48AB-8620-D4B968D931A3.jpeg
    8F0AF5A8-F6FE-48AB-8620-D4B968D931A3.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 53
Have spoken to jb they said that they cannot refund or replace it, they suggested to call dji for a repair though I pay, pretty much left with a very expensive non fly able drone, jbhifi is useless and will not recommend them to anyone anymore!

NOOOOOOO!!
It is faulty.... It smells like oranges...or apples... doesnt matter...
Demand they take it back and investigate.
Mention Consumer affairs, and see how you go then...?

Hopefully I can try again with them tommorow and see how it ends up, will be looking at buying the mavic pro platinum if I’m able to be refunded

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18