DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone pretty please help! In Hawaii getting !*******!!

*** **** it DJI and your ********!!

So, .900 comes out last week or so, I power up my drone at home in Colorado, and the app says "there is a new update, and you will not be forced to update, but we wish you would" or something along those lines. I ignore, fly around, make sure everything is good to go, and then pack it all up and head out for The Big Island of Hawaii.

Fast forward to today and I unpack the drone, I am in a VERY remote section of the Island (Milolii, HI, United States) and on the DJI no fly map I am all clear. There is no yellows, reds, NOTHING for miles and miles and miles. Power up the Mavic and I have *** **** errors coming out my ***. Compass issue, firmware update REQUIRED, NFZ update REQUIRED, cannot take off in NFZ.

So, of course my internet out here is .3mb download, so I set it up to update everything and go run errands, it is that slow... Get back, everything is current, still says I am in a no fly zone. Go to their site, look up that town, there is literally nothing...

This is FOR REAL the ONLY reason I bought this thing, was to film our vacation, take pictures, have fun. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the **** I am doing wrong? I literally cannot even take off, this is frustrating as sweet holy ********

If anyone, at the very least, knows how to downgrade to .700 so I can just take the *** **** NFZ ******** off, I will do that, but as of now, DJI Assistant gives me the options for .800 and .900 only, because DJI is so awesome at screwing over their fanbase...

Sorry for the potty rant, I am so beside myself right now, it took me forever to get the NFZ lifted from my home in Colorado because I am like 5 miles from a small landing strip, now I have to deal with this ********...

Use the VM to flash back to .400 and fallow the youtube video instructions to remove the flight restrictions.
Too late for your trip though.

I mother ****** love my mother ****** Mavic!!! that mother ****** impresses me more and more every time I fly it. I don't ****** know what to tell ya man? ****!!!!!

I just returned from the big island Saturday, and I had no issues on .900. Granted I was not flying at the exact same location as you, but if I was outside of a no fly zone, no issues what so ever. Also ran into another gent with a Mavic Pro and he was also flying (but I do not know his software version).

If you were staying @ Royal Kona resort 3 weeks ago then that would be me.
I have a fellow next door to our hotel room w/ DJI bag but didn't get to meet.
I was really want to talk to him about the MP but seems like they're always out and about.
Maybe next time.

This is completely unacceptable.

I am NOT buying a DJI PRODUCT.

I too intended on getting one for trips I take to remote places with NO MOBILE SIGNAL.

I don't want this happening to me.

This is getting completely out of control. I'd rather have a device that locks the purchasers information on it than excessive flight restrictions. What's the sense of portability if you can't fly? Seems like most vacation spots are off limits for drones.

I guess we'll have to resort to kite or tethered balloons to get our shots. Maybe cheaper too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky