DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Something different

Illuminata Photo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'd like to draw your attention to something else that you can do with your drone photos and videos (actually, any camera), if you're not already aware: Lumalabs.ai

I've made three different 3D images from my drone photos and videos. I feel that videos work better and are less effort. I've been interested in 3D for twenty years or so and was happy to find this opportunity several months ago.

Here's a 3D image from photos (you need ten photos minimum):

Second, here's a link to a 3D that I made from a video where I had my drone perform an orbit:

Anyway, I hope that this opportunity will inspire you in new ways!

Enjoy,

Tim

Pretty nice... but when something like this actually allows the viewer to set angles beyond where any of it can make any sense gives me the "half-baked-get-something-out-quick-for-wowing-unsuspecting-potential-investors" vibes.
I.e. most stuff in the "AI" space these days.

1719091799304.png

Awesome, thanks for sharing

Reactions: sarahb
I'd like to draw your attention to something else that you can do with your drone photos and videos (actually, any camera), if you're not already aware: Lumalabs.ai

I've made three different 3D images from my drone photos and videos. I feel that videos work better and are less effort. I've been interested in 3D for twenty years or so and was happy to find this opportunity several months ago.

Here's a 3D image from photos (you need ten photos minimum):

Second, here's a link to a 3D that I made from a video where I had my drone perform an orbit:

Anyway, I hope that this opportunity will inspire you in new ways!

Enjoy,

Tim
I gave it a try. I downloaded it on my Google account, then, I asked it to generate a drone flight on a sunny day in downtown Miami. I got a 5 second video of a flight through tall buildings on either side of a busy street, with the Atlantic Ocean in the wrong place. The image was very soft focus, if not blurry and It took about 7 minutes of the generative procedure. I was not very impressed.

Dale
Miami

I gave it a try. I downloaded it on my Google account, then, I asked it to generate a drone flight on a sunny day in downtown Miami. I got a 5 second video of a flight through tall buildings on either side of a busy street, with the Atlantic Ocean in the wrong place. The image was very soft focus, if not blurry and It took about 7 minutes of the generative procedure. I was not very impressed.

Dale
Miami
Maybe with your own Video Footage it might be better maybe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Maybe with your own Video Footage it might be better maybe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.
I do not have video footage of the scene I wanted generated. And if I did have footage, I would not have needed to generate it. My M3 quality is many times better than the image it generated. I guess, like all new tech, they need time to work out the bugs. I use generative AI in Photoshop all the time and it is working pretty good. Especially to extend the edges of an existing image that I am using.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I do not have video footage of the scene I wanted generated. And if I did have footage, I would not have needed to generate it. My M3 quality is many times better than the image it generated. I guess, like all new tech, they need time to work out the bugs. I use generative AI in Photoshop all the time and it is working pretty good. Especially to extend the edges of an existing image that I am using.

Dale
Miami
Ok, I was thinking you were trying to go for that cool effect in the beginning, was not aware of the context. Thank you..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water

Dale
Miami
My video was probably two to three minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint