DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Something regarding Tap Fly mode

theoaristi53

Reactions
Let us imagine that you are flying a drone(Mavic air in my case) on Tap Fly mode. So far good. You see it traveling at a steady speed forward. For some reason, the app disconnects from the phone. What will happen? Will the drone stop there, and lets you take the control? Or the drone just carries on moving? I have never used the Tap Fly mode before, that's why I am asking this awkward question.

Thanks,
Theo.

Good question. I've never had errors in Tap Fly or even "Follow".
Waypoint has been reliable as well, but I have not done it at more than 100 yards away since there are mountains surrounding my practice area.

Let us imagine that you are flying a drone(Mavic air in my case) on Tap Fly mode. So far good. You see it traveling at a steady speed forward. For some reason, the app disconnects from the phone. What will happen? Will the drone stop there, and lets you take the control? Or the drone just carries on moving? I have never used the Tap Fly mode before, that's why I am asking this awkward question.

Thanks,
Theo.
If GO4 either force closes or if the usb between RC and your phone disconnects you are still in control as the RC still is connected to the AC ... just hit the hardware paus button & it stops TapFly & let you maneuver the AC back manually.

If you lose connection RC-AC the AC will command failsafe RTH according to your setting in GO4 after 3 sec.