DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Something went wrong with DJI Go 4" Error Message

Papa72

Reactions
I tried to use my Mavic Pro today. This error came up and suggested that I clear the cache. I "clicked" on Clear Cache. No change. I rebooted my phone. No change. I uninstalled DJI Go 4, then downloaded it from the Play Store. No change. DJI Go 4 comes up then shuts right down now. Working last week, now not. Any thoughts?

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
I tried to use my Mavic Pro today. This error came up and suggested that I clear the cache. I "clicked" on Clear Cache. No change. I rebooted my phone. No change. I uninstalled DJI Go 4, then downloaded it from the Play Store. No change. DJI Go 4 comes up then shuts right down now. Working last week, now not. Any thoughts?

Ron
Updating the above post, after I get the error message once and close it, I can try to open the DJI GO 4 app, but it tries to open for a second then doesn't.

I went in to the files and deleted cache files manually since I had them saved to a hard drive. No luck.

Ron

Sounds like what mine was doing after upgrading Android OS. Go4 in the play store is not the latest version and doesn't work with the new Android version. Get Go4 from the DJI site.

You're my hero! I had drug out my old Samsung S5 and was going to see if it would work. Now I don't have to. Thanks again!

Ron
Just curious, I use "DJI FLY" to fly my AIr2. I see "DJI GO" mentioned below, is there other fly apps that can be used to fly my drone?

Just curious, I use "DJI FLY" to fly my AIr2. I see "DJI GO" mentioned below, is there other fly apps that can be used to fly my drone?
DJI Fly is the official app for the Air2 and other newer DJI drones. DJI GO is the app for older drones (Air 1, Mavic Pro 2, Spark etc) and doesn't support the newer drones.

There are 3rd party apps like Litchi available for the Air2, and they bring certain additional features unavailable in Fly. I've not used either so am not well qualified to comment on them.

DJI Fly is the official app for the Air2 and other newer DJI drones. DJI GO is the app for older drones (Air 1, Mavic Pro 2, Spark etc) and doesn't support the newer drones.

There are 3rd party apps like Litchi available for the Air2, and they bring certain additional features unavailable in Fly. I've not used either so am not well qualified to comment on them.
Thanks

Reactions: scro
Same problem but with an iPhone X, not sure how to fix this issue of shutting off. On iPad it just shoes the start screen?

I am having serious issues too. I use my Mavic 2 pro for photogrammetry, survey and Engineering. This first started when I went to do a mission using Drone Harmony about 3 weeks ago. Drone Harmony and DJI Go 4 both would not start with the error that the app had a big and suggested clearing cache. Of course I did all that. No Luck. I just got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy 222 Ultra. It does not work Either. I also bought a new Galaxy tab 7 which works for whatever reason. From what I can gather from Drone Harmony tech support is that DJI has not updated their SDK which allows 3rd party apps like Drone Harmony to fly the drones. Nor have they made available via Google Play the new DJI Go 4. The common solution on the web is to install the DJI software directly from DJI which has a ewer version. This is is not something I will do. The reason is that the Play store ensures that things like your privacy and safety are maintained. This begs the question if the app works (from DJI direct) but not available form Google Play, Why? My only conclusion is that DJI, for whatever reason is not abiding by the rules. If it keeps up they are going to lose business and will leave themselves open to class action suit.

I am having serious issues too. I use my Mavic 2 pro for photogrammetry, survey and Engineering. This first started when I went to do a mission using Drone Harmony about 3 weeks ago. Drone Harmony and DJI Go 4 both would not start with the error that the app had a big and suggested clearing cache. Of course I did all that. No Luck. I just got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy 222 Ultra. It does not work Either. I also bought a new Galaxy tab 7 which works for whatever reason. From what I can gather from Drone Harmony tech support is that DJI has not updated their SDK which allows 3rd party apps like Drone Harmony to fly the drones. Nor have they made available via Google Play the new DJI Go 4. The common solution on the web is to install the DJI software directly from DJI which has a ewer version. This is is not something I will do. The reason is that the Play store ensures that things like your privacy and safety are maintained. This begs the question if the app works (from DJI direct) but not available form Google Play, Why? My only conclusion is that DJI, for whatever reason is not abiding by the rules. If it keeps up they are going to lose business and will leave themselves open to class action suit.
You can always downgrade to Android 11 and use the old GO app. Personally, I have no issues with downloading an app from the manufacturers web site. Not like I'm D/L'ing from Vlad's Discount Software in Russia. DJI is a global company. I'm sure they would be more concerned about being exposed for culling private information from users for nefarious purposes than any meager information they would find by hacking into a phone I have dedicated to flying only. That is potentially suicide for their company.
Playstore ensures your privacy. That's a joke....right? Their history is rife with examples of apps from the Playstore being compromised, stealing information and installing viruses. The amount of data you "volunteer" when you download and use your social media and games apps is of far more concern to me than whatever DJI would glean from the GO app. Those settings can be customized anyway if you bother to take the time and effort to do so. Take a month and read through all the T&Cs of the "free" apps already on your phone and find out why your crossword game needs access to your camera, address and location history.
Why it still isn't in the Playstore I have no idea. I imagine that sometimes their rules, as in this case, require time, effort and expense to implement for a whole new platform. Might not be as easy as you think. Especially in these CoVid days and since GO4 is no longer the default app for the new models, I imagine all of us flying the older birds that require GO4 are on the backburner to the FLY app.
Good for you for being cautious I guess. Bit of overkill if you ask me.
Good luck with your class action. Can't see it as they make the software available directly and there is no rule I know of stating that they MUST make it available thru the Playstore. Your technological paranoia is not their fault.
If they ask...I'll be happy to testify for DJI as a happy customer.
Hope you can find a way to get back in the air.

Last edited:
I'd say the 67,003 offering 1 star on Google Play may go for that class action. Ill just find another supplier. Definity cant buy another DJI product with this going on. I was prepared to get a Mavic 3 cine but....

1645918505950.png

Here's some explanations. Or lack of them..

Forgot that DJI is blacklisted by the US government to some degree.

BBC News

"Consumers in the US can continue to buy and use DJI drones.
In 2020, the Department of Commerce barred US companies from exporting products to DJI, which has been judged to be a national security threat by the Department of Defense."

UPDATED: Latest DJI Fly Android app only available from DJI's website, not the Play Store

As new hardware becomes available, new apps also become available. Support for the old ends. Like 8 bit programs not working on Windows 11. If you want to run old apps, you must use old equipment.

This literally took me days to come to. I

DJI is officially not updating their apps to google play. Some may have been pulled altogether. DJI MIMO seems to be missing. Bottom line, you're only option is direct form DJI.

Here's the closet thing to a public notice that I can find.

Updating DJI Apps for Android in Google Play

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929