DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet compact with the Mavic -works!

tubedroner

Reactions
Hi,

just wanted to post this, if someone was wondering and googling for the same info. I use the Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact (what a name) with the Mavic controller, and it fits! The same way the iPad mini. It is really tight, but not uncomfortably so. The right side can accidently flip the sport-mode switch, but I don't use it, so not a problem for me. You just have to attach it to the controller with the lock/volume-buttons facing down, so that the micro-usb cable can be attached.

The Z3 is still a great tablet and I'm happy to be able to use it with the Mavic. The waterproofness has been a lifesaver in snowy conditions, and it doesn't mind below-zero temperatures, unlike many Apple-products.

So there :)

Hi @tubedroner, how Di u fit the Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact into the remote control, I try many time, without success, thanks for your help

Nope, it fits horizontally, it's snug, but it fits. Just find a video with someone attaching an iPad mini, it works the same way.

Nope, it fits horizontally, it's snug, but it fits. Just find a video with someone attaching an iPad mini, it works the same way.
could you post a photo? I am owner of Z3TC too so I'm really interested in that

photo not needed anymore, I managed to do it too - but not without irreversible mod of the remote controller

after thorough analysis I came to the conclusion, that in order for the tablet to fit, arms had to be able to open to their maximum, to the horizontal position
and it could be easily done by cutting out small piece of plastic on both sides of the remote
the cut looks like this:

the result is very good, remote controller can now hold 22 cm long tablets:

bonus:
if you look carefully at the handles, on both of them there is triangle-shaped plastic part, that stands in the way for handles to fully open
so if you unscrew those two torx screws, remove that whole plastic part and screw the screws back, you'll get maybe another centimeter

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54