DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be Mavic Zoom Owner

I’m fond of using my patented mid life crisis speech, whereby I will threaten to purchase a Fireblade and she should think herself lucky that I’ve picked something so harmless and cheap. Works a treat every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I’m fond of using my mid life crisis speech, whereby I will threaten to purchase a Fireblade and she should think herself lucky that I’ve picked something so harmless and cheap

I use that one all the time -‘well I can always go and buy a motorbike’ :)

Ok I have a long list of reasonably capital intensive hobbies; photography, astronomy, computing, cycling, drones and a healthy collection of snakes which all need housing and heating but she would still rather all of that than a motorbike...

Reactions: Wacker2611
So here's my strategy Canuk, and it's worked for 37 years.

You know how guys try to avoid the dog-house, or try to get out of it through unnatural acts once their wife puts them there? Stop doing that! Embrace the dog-house. Revel in the glorious freedom of the dog-house. When you're in the dog-house, you can do anything you want ... drink with buddies, buy new stuff, fly your drone all day, watch football instead of doing chores. LOVE living in the dog-house.

You must initially be very strong for this to work. She'll cry, gripe, accuse you of not caring. Your response should be "I'm in the dog-house, you're mad at me anyway, so I may as well enjoy it while I'm here." Stick to that line of responses.

Something amazing will happen. One day soon, you'll be "out" of the dog-house. She will invite you out and not speak again of what put you there. As a matter of fact, after doing this a few times and her seeing that you literally "enjoy and embrace" your time in the dog-house, she will actively work to keep you out.

If she gets cross with you, say "Are you sending me to the dog-house?". She'll immediately say "NO, not at all, I'm sorry. Let me make you some brownies. You should go fly that new drone while the brownies are cooking?"

Learn how to embrace the dog-house instead of trying to avoid it. The results will astound you. Worst case, you have a great time while in there. Best case, she figures this out and never sends you back.

37 years of success here ... trust me.
This is a wise man, listen to him!!

I took it one step further and built a literal dog house. Bought one of those pre-fab shed's and told her it would clear out my stuff from her closets. No pushback on the capital expenditure. Then I slowly had the shed finished out, put in a loft with a small bed, an A/C unit, insulated, sheet rock'd and painted (and big TV). Now when she is pissed, I go out to the shed in a huff, lock the door and enjoy heaven :)

Reactions: dannybgoode
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada