DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sorry for another Neo thread

4 inch pistons

Reactions
This is my question. With my Mavic Classic every time I switch between the mc and the RC controller I have to go through the complete binding process. However with the avata 2 I can switch between the FPV controller and the MC 2 and everything works perfectly with No binding process.l am really hoping that I can switch between the avata 2 and the Neo by changing the model in the goggles and not going through the whole binding process like the Classic.l guess we will find out soon. Things like this is what I want to find out from the YouTube reviewers.

I have a bunch of accessory controllers/goggles and well and honestly, it's hit or miss when it comes to switching up. For the most part, I can power off a set and power up the other one and they connect right away and off I go to fly. Sometimes, I have to press and hold something (power button on the drone or power button on the goggles/rc/mc) and the first or second time, they connect. And then finally (what I believe you are calling the binding process) I need to connect a phone and choose thru the menu but that's rare.

Either way, it makes me want to setup at home before I go out in the field because I hate wasting time and battery on site. For now, each of my drones have their own equipment which means for example Im stuck using V2 for FPV. For Neo, at this point, I'll do whatever it takes because it sounds like that's a big unknown for now. Even if it takes getting all new accessories (i.e. I'm ordering FPV RC3 today).

Reactions: Cafguy
I hear ya. With the Avata2 it doesn’t matter if I use the FPV controller or the Motion Controller with the goggles, when I power on they are both ready to go. I am hoping that when I switch the Goggles 3 to the Neo the same connection works since the drone connects with the goggles and not the controller. If that is the case I already have both controllers connected with the Goggles 3. So in theory I only have to switch the goggles from the Avata to the Neo and I am ready to go.

I would be shocked if the Neo doesn't switch just as easily as the Avatas. It's pretty obvious to me the evolution of the code, and the way these things work in software development that code is in every branch for products under development. It really would be stupid, insane, braindead, <insert favorite epithet> not to.

Older models, on the other hand, do not have the code for this in their main branch. Adding this functionality would require porting it to the older code base which may be harder than we can see from the outside due to other differences. The code branches diverge more and more as an older drone goes into maintenance status.

Short answer: Yes. 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
regardtnaude