DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound Comparsion ?

Coming from a Mavic Air the Mini generated noise levels are significantly lower, I was always self conscious flying the MA given the negative press drones receive here in the UK, for me the MM is a much more relaxing experience.

For those too lazy to watch the video here are the figures from the video posted above:

View attachment 84684

Always thought the Platinum was a very public friendly drone, even the 8331 props on the M1P makes a big difference noticeably I find.

As far as the differences in level being close, sound energy is very hard to measure, and a small increase in Db is often a major increase in reality.
For example, a 3Db increase is roughly a doubling of sound intensity.

I just did a noise test of the Mavic Pro ver 1. It was conducted in a sound attenuated recording room, (carpeting, sound absorption panels on the walls, dosimeter mounted on a tripod). Hovering and a full 360 rotation approximately 4' off the floor it registered 72 dBA at 10 feet.

With a little luck I will have a mini tomorrow.

Much noise discussion is subjective, (this is a real factor), but the testing is often less than ideal. We hear a difference of 10 dBA as twice as loud so generally background noise is irrelevant unless it is us. Background noise is not cumulative for practical purposes ...
Please note the an increase of 3dB is usually considered subjective doubling of volume perceived by the listener.

Please note the an increase of 3dB is usually considered subjective doubling of volume perceived by the listener.
I think you need to do your research again. We HEAR 10 dBA as twice as loud.

I think you need to do your research again. We HEAR 10 dBA as twice as loud.
From installing car stereo for years with a meter. I will respectfully submit that an upward change of 10dBA sound pressure is a perceived volume increase of 333% with hearing being a neutral factor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv