DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sourcing a replacement GPS unit in the UK

Reactions
Hi All

I’m trying to get hold of a replacement GPS module for my Mavic Pro to fit myself ... Can anyone advise me where to look.

(My Mavic shows either no Satellites or a max of 5 or 7 and will fly in ATTI only)

GPS satellites are constantly on the move. There will be times when there are more or less around over your position. Also shading by buildings, obstacles need to be take into consideration. If you can check the connector of your GPS inside the MP on the board, especially if you opened the MP up... food for thought

GPS satellites are constantly on the move. There will be times when there are more or less around over your position. Also shading by buildings, obstacles need to be take into consideration. If you can check the connector of your GPS inside the MP on the board, especially if you opened the MP up... food for thought

Good point about obstacles. I think that if the connector wasnt seated properly, he wouldnt get any satellite reception at all.

Even with obstacles it should aquire enough sats. The GPS unit is GPS and GLONASS people that means there are always 24 sats in veiw at any one time. DJI GPS isnt the strongest but should get and hold at least 12 plus with ease. It only needs a good four of those for a reliable fix. Some units can be faulty or have a bad component witch allows to much noise through that can interfere with the reception. If you are constantly having trouble aquiring and maintaining GPS fix on your Mavic when in the open then yes, replace the module.

As you are in the UK, if you can not aquire one from ThunderDrones
Then try here
for DJI MAVIC PRO GPS Board Module
for DJI MAVIC PRO GPS Board Module & Connector for DJI Mavic Pro Repairing Accessories-in Screen Protectors from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngmurray