DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spain (Menorca) Flying this summer. Any updates on regulations?

chimpydave

Reactions
Going to Menorca in July, just wondering if there have been any updates to regulations. Is it permitted for hobbyists??

I'll be flying cautiously of course, not going too high / far. Flying early mornings (daytime's are for beach with the kids...!!).

Just wondering what I'll be up against as I have heard of people getting fined?

Thanks for the help in advance..!

Hi, did you manage to find out much information on flying in Menorca? I'm going in a weeks time and cant really find anything online. If not, did you fly anyway? Thanks in advance!!

Hi, did you manage to find out much information on flying in Menorca? I'm going in a weeks time and cant really find anything online. If not, did you fly anyway? Thanks in advance!!

Hi mate yeah I took it and got some great shots! Whereabouts are you heading to? We stayed at Cala Galdana and there's a couple of little places I found there for some unreal shots!!

I didn't get into any trouble getting there or back with the drone and when there the only people that 'bothered' me was a family who I ended up getting a photo of and sending it them as they thought it was awesome.

If you stay within the normal limits, i.e. don't go high up or in crowded places, over busy beaches etc, you should be ok.

One thing I did read though is that the Spanish authorities have been known to hunt YouTube for videos and getting people in trouble for 'breaking the law' but just be responsible and make sure you're safe and you should be alright.

I did find a site which had the guidelines on for flying drones but it's very similar to here to be honest.

Have a good time!!

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_20180725_084400.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20180725_084400.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • LRM_EXPORT_20180725_090529.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20180725_090529.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • LRM_EXPORT_20180729_105732.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20180729_105732.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: CJohnson103