DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spare batteries.

KeviP

Reactions
A reputable store here is proposing sets of 2 MA1 batteries at a very interesting price compared to single ones.
I was thinking of buying in a stock, now that I have got a bit of space in my toilet roll cupboard.

Seriously though, how long does DJI guarantee production of parts for discontinued products?

Maybe it would really be a good idea to buy a few anyway, considering normal battery wear.
What about shelf life? (even though I should get through them before then)

I was thinking of buying in a stock, now that I have got a bit of space in my toilet roll cupboard
DJI batteries aren't something you want to store away for future use. If you do decide to buy some more spares, make sure you routinely cycle through them to be sure you're using all of your batteries. And follow these battery best practices.

how long does DJI guarantee production of parts for discontinued products?
There are no guarantees, but batteries can usually be found for discontinued models.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I was recently informed by DJI that the Mavic Air battery is back in stock.

If you get a few for back-up.. As mentioned, it is key to check the charge lever every 2-3 months if not used and add a small pop-up charge.

These DJI batteries are always self-monitoring which takes a small amount of power so they can self-discharge over a period of months to a point where they are too low of voltage and the protection circuitry disables the battery for good.

This can happen while in hibernation mode as well but would take a lot longer. This is why it is risky buying new-old stock online unless they have a replacement guarantee.

For the technically inclined, there are now tools to allow reprogramming the battery chip and reset the battery even if it dies but depends if you want to trust it in your drone.

Matt

I finally ordered 2 batteries and when the order went through I got the message that they did not have any in stock, and no date yet for delivery.

Maybe that means that they will get the new production batch - at least I can hope so. And they are a very reputable electronics supplier.

Anyway when I finally get them they will definitely go into my usage cycle and not on the shelf.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian