DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spare props

Mr Bowcat

Reactions
Hi all,

After reading some of the recent threads I thought it worthwhile getting some extra spare props. While pursuing the Drone Safe Store site I came across DJI Mini 2 / SE STEALTH Upgrade Propellers. Just wondered if these were worth the extra few quid on the standard props?

Cheers,

B

Reactions: Cafguy
If they are not O.E.M. or Master Airscrews Don't use them I have not seen any props tested that are any good besides those 2. the DJI stealths are good they won't make the drone any less noisy just give it a more pleasing tone.

Thanks for that. These appear to be DJI made, I wouldn't use anything else. They claim to be 37% quieter which was the appeal, but £16 and no screws against £11 with screws for the standards.

I;m not 100% sure of this but I think once upon a time DJI props were not very quiet and they came out with a set that was quieter and they called them "stealth" and going forward, all of their props were called stealth. I've never seen the loud version of props so stealth is relative and everything they sell seems to be "stealth." MAS is not always quieter (but only by a bit) but the tone is different and therefore less intrusive.

They claim to be 37% quieter which was the appeal, but £16 and no screws against £11 with screws for the standards.

If you got your drone from DJI the blades will only cost £6 (ish) with your discount ;)

As for noise i am happy to have the extra noise it can be a nice stress reliever when you hear it coming home after losing sight of it.
(which i do at least once every time i fly it)

Reactions: Mr Bowcat
I am a firm believer in OEM parts and accessories. Especially if the product is under warranty or DJI Refresh. Don't provide a reason for a claim denial due to 3rd party props/accessories

Reactions: sarahb
I am a firm believer in OEM parts and accessories. Especially if the product is under warranty or DJI Refresh. Don't provide a reason for a claim denial due to 3rd party props/accessories

I couldn't agree more why risk your drone using 3rd party gear on it.

Agreed. OEM accessories for crucial components like props are a must.

Reactions: Max Headroom
The Master Airscrew props in the UK are about the same price as the DJI Stealth props, other than being available in different colours (which doesn't interest me) is there any advantage over DJI's own?
If you are going to be flying in an area that has lots of obstacles to hit, The Master Airscrew Props are slightly better ONLY because they are more Brittle than the DJI's and will shatter. The OEM's will tend to pull your Drone into an obstacle before the blade gives.

This made me laugh -

Due to the increased blade efficiency, the propellers can fly for up to 3% longer than DJI OEM propellers. Get an additional minute or so of flight time for your best photos.

This made me laugh -
People get on DJI when they exaggerate their numbers quoting times under realistic conditions. At least MAS is trying to be truthful, I'm sure they get asked the question all the time and it would be a miss if they called it a wash and said no gain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVI_Pilot