DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark Gesture Control (general launch and selfie snapshots)

FieldGuide

Reactions
Flying with the spark this week, I've noticed a couple of items and was wondering if others were experiencing the same thing.

1: Palm launch - spark takes off and drifts about 2-3ft to the left (my left for me anyways). I then have to step aside and use my palm to reposition it as needed.

2: face recognition - should the lights be solid green upon the palm launch? Mostly for me, it's showing as red. I raise my palm to reposition, the lights are green when controlling. But when I put my palm down, turns red again despite it facing me. Should I raise arms in a Y to have it register me?

Other note. One time, it was tracking me and I stopped moving and it just froze above me. I guess it flew fast to track me and then had to do a hard stop. I couldn't get it to safely get it back so I had to take out my phone to manually bring it back. Anyone have any similar experiences?

3: selfie mode - I do the gesture, it flashes red, then green apparently indicating I took a photo, by there is no photo anywhere... only times I have been able to take a photo has been with the iPhone app running.

Anyone with any thoughts on these items? Sorry for the long post on personal experiences.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS