DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark not 4k

kona

Reactions
First one in ;-) This is obviously a major reason to stick with the Mavic.

Half the resolution is not bad. Check out Casey Neistat's video. Looks decent.

1080p is 2K.

There are some nice video clips of the DJI Spark in this video too:

Which makes 2k half the resolution of 4k. Image total pixels is not resolution.

Resolving power is lines per mm in each direction.

So 4k has 4x more info than 2K, but it is 2x the resolution.

Summary:
. 4 k refers to width. 4096 x 2160 => 4k
.1080p refers to height. 1920 x 1080 => 2K

Moderators, can you please clarify why there are a half dozen Spark threads in the Mavic forum but why my thread, which was clearly intended for Mavic owners, was moved?

Moderators, can you please clarify why there are a half dozen Spark threads in the Mavic forum but why my thread, which was clearly intended for Mavic owners, was moved?

Perhaps because it takes a second to make a mess but hours to clean up after people? Also the Spark forum was added after many of the Spark posts. Not to mention they won't catch them all?

(Speaking for me who is not an admin here).

Last edited:
Why do you keep repeating this non sense? its not 2.7k its 1920x1080p. Even the official specs say its not 2k.

1920 is close enough to be considered that level of quality (2k).

That was what I (clearly) meant. That it doesn't hew to the exact spec is pedantry and little else.

The quality difference between 1920 and 2048 is negligible.

(not sure where you dredged up 2.7k from anything I posted).

1920 is close enough to be considered that level of quality (2k).

That was what I (clearly) meant. That it doesn't hew to the exact spec is pedantry and little else.

The quality difference between 1920 and 2048 is negligible.

(not sure where you dredged up 2.7k from anything I posted).
Maybe in your mind but to everything I've seen its not.

It's 1920x1080p close enough to 2k doesn't cut it when you are giving the specs. Telling the facts and telling your opinion is two different things.

If a car has 500hp, does telling people that it has 600hp being honest about the specs? I mean it's only 100hp away...

When people hear 2k they think it's truly 2k not someone's opinion that it's close enough. And when I say 2k that's the broad term and accepted term for 2.7k.

Last edited:
Maybe in your mind but to everything I've seen its not.

It's 1920x1080p close enough to 2k doesn't cut it when you are giving the specs. Telling the facts and telling your opinion is two different things.

If a car has 500hp, does telling people that it has 600hp being honest about the specs? I mean it's only 100hp away...

When people hear 2k they think it's truly 2k not someone's opinion that it's close enough. And when I say 2k that's the broad term and accepted term for 2.7k.

In REALITY the difference in 1920 to 2048 is not discernible to anyone. (6% unlike your gross example above).

2.7k is not at all what I mentioned, just some misdirection you've thrown in for some reason (2720 pix wide).

Really. Declare victory and move on. Nobody care but you.

In REALITY the difference in 1920 to 2048 is not discernible to anyone. (6% unlike your gross example above).

2.7k is not at all what I mentioned, just some misdirection you've thrown in for some reason (2720 pix wide).

Really. Declare victory and move on. Nobody care but you.
Just saying when you say it has 2k and 2k is not selectable in the recording options some people might feel mislead and disappointed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki