DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark Propellers on the Air

amanakoinum

Reactions
I just put the DJI Spark propellers onto the Mavic Air and they work, the motor connection seems to be the same.

I also think with the Spark propellers the Mavic air is slightly less noisy in flight, so it's pretty easy to put folding props onto the Mavic Air as the Spark propellers fit exactly the same.

Has anyone weighed the Spark props vs. the Air props? Curious about any vibration issues. If I'm not mistaken there was a FW update for the MP which aided in diminishing the vibration when the low noise props were used.

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
the loudness is REALLY important
Just out of curiosity...why is it so important? The difference between either of the 3 platforms is very dramatic. I own a Harley and I don't need a decibel meter to say that it's louder than a Honda. My point being, is that if sound needs to be measure using a meter and not the human ear then the difference is marginal.

if sound needs to be measure using a meter and not the human ear then the difference is marginal.
I think it's tougher to appreciate this if you only own one DJI drone. Once you've owned more than one, it's pretty apparent that the difference in sound is not great.

I think it's tougher to appreciate this if you only own one DJI drone. Once you've owned more than one, it's pretty apparent that the difference in sound is not great.
I guess you're right...just wonder why apinajus says "its important"

Click his link and you'll see ;)

What is the benefit of folding props on the Air?
I thought that since everything tucks into the body nicely, there is no reason to put on folding props?

Yes, as the msinger sharp's mind think (and ays) if you click the link you'll see :)

And if you click this one -> The Best City Drone Photography On Instagram you'll see my point. I personally know the instagrammer that shot the pictures above Barcelona, Spain.
As you'll notice when you click this another link: Fly Your Drone Safely in Spain: IcarusRPA Will Tell You Where , Spain is one of the most restrictive countries with the drone thing (the US is at that level too...IMHO!) so, in general, it is really important to fly your drone quietly, shoot your thing and have a good time.

Today I've flown a Mavic Pro over Brooklyn with the normal props fitted in and the quiet ones. Some people noticed it with the standard ones and no one knew what I was doing.

Sorry for the long post!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd