DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark remote

depending on its age the battery could be toast ,they dont last forever

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
I pretty much charge my remote every time I charge my spark battery and info is on the app

I'll have to take a look in there some more, guess it'll be in the controller part of the menu somewhere.
Oh hang, on you have a single drone battery and just charge controller same time . . . yeah the battery # of charges is there in battery info.

I fly 4 or 5 batteries sometimes, and the controller makes that, so there is no way of telling how many charges that has had (on either of my drones).
Also, not sure about how controller battery is cared for like batteries.
You know if you fly 50% battery and recharge the drone battery, it doesn't add a single full charge to the battery times charged tally, eg, it calculates and tallies 2 x 50% flights as a full charge.

I'll have to take a look in there some more, guess it'll be in the controller part of the menu somewhere.
Oh hang, on you have a single drone battery and just charge controller same time . . . yeah the battery # of charges is there in battery info.

I fly 4 or 5 batteries sometimes, and the controller makes that, so there is no way of telling how many charges that has had (on either of my drones).
Also, not sure about how controller battery is cared for like batteries.
You know if you fly 50% battery and recharge the drone battery, it doesn't add a single full charge to the battery times charged tally, eg, it calculates and tallies 2 x 50% flights as a full charge.

Do you know if I take the remote to a battery place. Should they be able to replace the battery I would hate to buy a new remote every time that a battery is needed

Well, I have read it can be done, but not a home handyman job.

I did a quick google search > dji spark remote controller battery replacement

You do know there is a Spark Pilots forum ?

There may be controllers 2nd hand there from time to time, and cheaper than mucking about.

I'm still not convinced your controller battery is bad though, I can't recall seeing any threads anywhere in a situation someones controller battery had gone.
Yes, you'd think they would go like aircraft lipos, but I think they are Li-ion in the controller, and they aren't under a lot of duress like aircraft batteries are, and one controller full charge should = about 7 - 8 Spark aircraft battery flights.

That means your controller should be well and truly be within a usual life.

Well, I have read it can be done, but not a home handyman job.

I did a quick google search > dji spark remote controller battery replacement

You do know there is a Spark Pilots forum ?

There may be controllers 2nd hand there from time to time, and cheaper than mucking about.

I'm still not convinced your controller battery is bad though, I can't recall seeing any threads anywhere in a situation someones controller battery had gone.
Yes, you'd think they would go like aircraft lipos, but I think they are Li-ion in the controller, and they aren't under a lot of duress like aircraft batteries are, and one controller full charge should = about 7 - 8 Spark aircraft battery flights.

That means your controller should be well and truly be within a usual life.

Yeah at first I thought it was the charger but ruled that out and then I thought it was a damaged port but the otg cable seems to work good thanks so much for your reply

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yeah at first I thought it was the charger but ruled that out and then I thought it was a damaged port but the otg cable seems to work good thanks so much for your reply

I am fully aware of the spark forum. Tried it and got no response I also had tried the DJI forum and same result. This site was my last hope.

I am fully aware of the spark forum. Tried it and got no response I also had tried the DJI forum and same result. This site was my last hope.

It is fairly light on people and responses like here, for sure.
I was thinking more of the classified section for another 2nd hand controller if you were really looking for a easy, faster, lower cost way to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54