DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark to be Mavic - Shortly

horesham

Reactions
Hi

Hope to do the upgrade shortly but concerned that the android device (Nexux 7 2nd edition) I'm using with the Spark will not work with the Mavic ?

When I started with the Spark I had some difficulty with the connection and was advised by a member from the DJI Forum that in order to use my Nexus, I should downgrade the software and "install 4.1.15 or 4.2.12" after doing that, all worked perfectly with 4.1.15. I also received the following information:-

"As all the new versions of the app require more and more powerful device to work properly as more stuff and things are added to the app.
For example for the latest 4.3.1 to work properly on your Android device, the device in question needs to have at least 4gb of ram ( better to have 6 go of ram)"

If that information is right then can I assume that the Nexus won't work and that I'm going to need a different android device ? (any suggestions as to the different device ?)

Thanks

If money is not an issue then get iPad mini 4 or Huawei M5. If you want a cheap but still decent tablet then get Lenovo tab 4 or 4plus

Reactions: mrreddog
Huawei M3 works perfect also, and a little bit cheaper than the M5 or Ipad Mini 4, I think I picked my M3 up for about $219, but its an octocore power house..

I run a nexus 7 and have for19 month without issues also latly upgrade the Go4App to latest version
from 4.1.3. to 4.1.18..
....cR
img_20181015_155915-jpg.50299

I run a nexus 7 and have for19 month without issues also latly upgrade the Go4App to latest version
from 4.1.3. to 4.1.18..
....cR
img_20181015_155915-jpg.50299
Thanks very much - my existing Nexus is also telling to go for v4.1.18, not problem with the otg cable connection ?
Roger

No problem after I ditch those cheep cable that DJI supplied with Mavic and bought a different cable otg to usb
....cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman