DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark v Mavic - loudness

YorkshirePaul

Reactions
Any lucky folk out there with both devices? Is there any notable difference in the loudness/volume between the Spark and Mavic?

[emoji846] Thanks. I confess I had to google Uh1B.

So based on that the Spark is a fair bit quieter than the Mavic? It's one of the things about the Mavic I'm 'less' keen on.

The results are quite surprising, hence my confusion. I'd assumed the spark would be proportionally quieter than the Mavic. Ive now got to find another reason to convince myself I need both.. I think I'll wait till I've seen a spark for real before taking the plunge - thanks for doing the db test.

The results are quite surprising, hence my confusion. I'd assumed the spark would be proportionally quieter than the Mavic. Ive now got to find another reason to convince myself I need both.. I think I'll wait till I've seen a spark for real before taking the plunge - thanks for doing the db test.
IMHO... If it's really... But "really" the sound produced by a drone who make you to decide... Just don't buy any, the sound will be zero... You can at least play with a folded sheet of paper that kid fly since ever... Ahah ;)

IMHO... If it's really... But "really" the sound produced by a drone who make you to decide... Just don't buy any, the sound will be zero... You can at least play with a folded sheet of paper that kid fly since ever... Ahah ;)

It's an additional Spark to add to the Mavic I already have, not a one or the other choice. If the Spark was significantly quieter and smaller I'd consider it as an extra toy/tool for different circumstances. Thanks for friendly and unbelievably helpful advice though.

It's an additional Spark to add to the Mavic I already have, not a one or the other choice. If the Spark was significantly quieter and smaller I'd consider it as an extra toy/tool for different circumstances. Thanks for friendly and unbelievably helpful advice though.
You are welcome, my advice was not really sound level oriented but more life decisions oriented ;) We, French, appear frequently as rude, arrogant, cynical, ironic and sarcastic... Because we share our thoughts easily even when they seems negative. This kind of sharing is to open the eyes of ppl when they seems taking a stunning way about something.
Except a miracle next week is not soon that drones will be soundless.
I can easily understand ppl hesitating because prices, features, size, brand, customer service, spare part, legality ... But noise? Seems you ready to buy something you love less as the first view just because it make less noise. So my humble opinion is to tell you don't buy any.
Maybe you can argue, tell us which level of sound you wish to reach and for which reason, this will help us to be more constructive.. or maybe even more sarcastic... I don't know.. But be ready that your drone will always attract attention if is about being discret ;)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
You are welcome, my advice was not really sound level oriented but more life decisions oriented ;) We, French, appear frequently as rude, arrogant, cynical, ironic and sarcastic... Because we share our thoughts easily even when they seems negative. This kind of sharing is to open the eyes of ppl when they seems taking a stunning way about something.
I can easily understand ppl hesitating because prices, features, size, brand, customer service, spare part, legality ... But noise? Seems you ready to buy something you love less as the first view just because it make less noise. So my humble opinion is to tell you don't buy any.
Maybe you can argue, tell us which level of sound you wish to reach and for which reason, this will help us to be more constructive.. or maybe even more sarcastic... I don't know.. But be ready that your drone will always attract attention if is about being discret ;)
I think maybe you're not considering an important reason for wanting a quieter drone? Less noise can be less intrusive in some given situations like say filming wildlife. Maybe the French can also "appear" intrusive? :p

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Or maybe you're just a smug *******. He just asked a question. No reason to be a douche. And the French are not known for being rude and sarcastic, but are known for dropping their weapons and retreating. Oui?

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Or maybe you're just a smug *******. He just asked a question. No reason to be a douche. And the French are not known for being rude and sarcastic, but are known for dropping their weapons and retreating. Oui?

I couldn't be arsed responding to him.

I did a physical test, instead of using the specs provided by DJI, to check the decibel level of 3 birds. Here are the results:

Phantom 4: 83db
Mavic: 81db
Spark: 83db

Mavic was the quietest of the 3

That puts the Mavic @ 66% quitter than the Spark . That is about right as the smaller the props the faster RPM they have to spin . There are other factors to consider of course such as prop pitch and overall shape of the airfoil . I have a 950 size quad that spins 12" props and it is pretty quite actually.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute