DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sparkle for seeing & finding drones

Reactions
I am new to drone flying and immediately noticed that my Mavic Air 2 might be hard to see under some sky conditions and for sure if it comes down somewhere out of sight like in high grass.
I have been making my own fishing lures for more decades than I want to admit and use sparkle and glitter tape/sheets to add zing to trolling flashers & dodgers and to add to the blades of spinners.
The tape can be peeled off and changed quickly according to water clarity and sun/clouds affects.
By adding strips of various colours and flash to the drone under-body, sides and top, my drone is now much easier to see when flying as sunlight makes it sparkle and even easier to see with cloud cover.
The sheets and tape come in an infinite assortment and makes it easier to see if the drone colour is swallowed up by the background.
If the drone is lost at dusk or night then a flashlight beam will turn the tape into a beacon.

Possibly holographic type contact ?
It shines like Billy-oh in horticulture to keep birds away, flashing/ reflecting the sun.

Thanks! Found on U. S. eBay site and ordered.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I just use strobes with a audible beeping tone. If the strobe sits for a few minutes without movement it starts to squawk and is fairly loud enough to help find it in tall weeds. Helps visually as well.

I just use strobes with a audible beeping tone. If the strobe sits for a few minutes without movement it starts to squawk and is fairly loud enough to help find it in tall weeds. Helps visually as well.
I agree that a strobe is a good bet. I use this one:
INSYOO Drone Strobe Light Flashing Light Anti-Collision LED 3 Color Super Bright

DroneStrobe1.jpg

It's nice and bright and rechargeable. $14.90 on Amazon. Sticks on with velcro so it's removeable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU