DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed limitation

dronecrasher

Reactions
Hi,

I just got the Mavic air 2, flew it and it said something about flight permitted. I was connected to like 18 satellites ? but I guess I wasn’t too far away from a sea plane airport (Which isn’t operating at this point). i flew the bad boy in the air and the limited speed was between tripod and normal mode.
Why and how can I disable the restriction?

thanks

speed is limited in tripod and normal modes. The get max speed, you will want to be in sport mode. Note that in sport mode the front and rear sensors are off so the AC will not avoid objects in front or behind it when flying.

speed is limited in tripod and normal modes. The get max speed, you will want to be in sport mode. Note that in sport mode the front and rear sensors are off so the AC will not avoid objects in front or behind it when flying.
Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain myself well.
I was in sport mode but couldn’t fly in sport speed. It was capped at a much slower speed.

did you switch to sport mode after taking off? If you take off in sport mode the AC is actually in normal mode until you switch to normal and then back to sport mode with the AC in the air.

I don’t think I did. But it did say s-mode when I took off but I didn’t switch back to normal and then to sport. Would that solve the issue?

It should. I now start in normal and then switch to sport after the AC is up in the air and hovering.

Did you switch to sport mode while your pitch (forward) was already fully engaged? At times i have noticed no change in speed after I do that. I usually let go off the pitch, engage sport mode and then push on pitch again.

Did you switch to sport mode while your pitch (forward) was already fully engaged? At times i have noticed no change in speed after I do that. I usually let go off the pitch, engage sport mode and then push on pitch again.
I think I had the switch to Sport mode, brought the Mavic in the air and pitched forward but it didn’t fly fast. I guess Ill try to remember to start in normal mode and switch to sport in the air

Isn't there a setting in the DJI app (like the DJI Go4 app) that you need to set for flying intelligent flight modes; which, I believe also includes sport mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman