DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed Ramping Question- I Can't do it with Premiere Pro-what am I doing wrong?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is directed to those of you who use Adobe Premiere Pro. I am trying to learn speed ramping and have watched all sorts of You Tube videos. I have selected the clip I want to speed ramp, clicked on the fX symbol on the clip and opened the drop down menu (right click on clip>show Clip Keyframes>Time Remapping>. See the two screen grabs attached.

At this point I am NOT able to drag the speed line up or down. The clip was processed in Premiere and is 24 frames per second. I am reading that speed ramping is best done on clips that are 50-60 frames per second. Can any one PLEASE explain to me what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.09.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.09.29 PM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.21.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.21.18 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Switch to Davinci Resolve 16 free edition. It has most of the features of the paid studio version and speed ramp is a breeze with Davinci Resolve. Available on PC/MAC/Linux.

Switch to Davinci Resolve 16 free edition. It has most of the features of the paid studio version and speed ramp is a breeze with Davinci Resolve. Available on PC/MAC/Linux.
Thanks but not exactly the answer I was looking for. If anyone of you editors out there use Premiere Pro, I really would appreciate some help. As mentioned,
I have selected the clip I want to speed ramp, clicked on the fX symbol on the clip and opened the drop down menu (right click on clip>show Clip Keyframes>Time Remapping>. See the two screen grabs attached.

At this point I am NOT able to drag the speed line up or down. The clip was processed in Premiere and is 24 frames per second. I am reading that speed ramping is best done on clips that are 50-60 frames per second. Can any one PLEASE explain to me what I am doing wrong.

Do I have to have a clip shot at a higher frame rate for this to work? (such as 60 frame per second).

Thanks but not exactly the answer I was looking for. If anyone of you editors out there use Premiere Pro, I really would appreciate some help. As mentioned,
I have selected the clip I want to speed ramp, clicked on the fX symbol on the clip and opened the drop down menu (right click on clip>show Clip Keyframes>Time Remapping>. See the two screen grabs attached.

Do I have to have a clip shot at a higher frame rate for this to work? (such as 60 frame per second).

Hi Dale,

From memory you need to add key frames and then you can drag to create your ramp.

Hi Dale,

From memory you need to add key frames and then you can drag to create your ramp.
Thanks for responding. I DID add key frames, using the "P" key and I also tried key frames in the effects panel. That darn line will l just not move up.My question now is, is it because my clip is shot at 24 frames per second? One of the videos mentioned that it was best to use a slo motion video like 60 frames per second, then change the speed by moving the line up with the cursor. I don't have any footage shot at 60 fps or even close to that. Will this work if my clip was shot at 24 fps?

I used to use it at 25 FPS with P. Pro without issue but changed over to Davinci Resolve.

Does the cursor change when you click on the speed ramp line? I believe it should move even without key frames.

It might be worth shooting a brief 60FPS clip and trying again.

The last version I used was CC 2018.

I used to use it at 25 FPS with P. Pro without issue but changed over to Davinci Resolve.

Does the cursor change when you click on the speed ramp line? I believe it should move even without key frames.

It might be worth shooting a brief 60FPS clip and trying again.

The last version I used was CC 2018.
It is now fixed.

Thanks everyone for the help. I finally put in a call to Adobe (in India!). They took over my computer and fixed it. I was not using the latest version. He went into the innards of my computer and did stuff I couldn't follow, then uninstalled and reinstalled the new Premiere. The speed ramping is now working (on 24 fps clips).

Last edited:
It is now fixed.

Thanks everyone for the help. I finally put in a call to Adobe (in India!). They took over my computer and fixed it. I was not using the latest version. He went into the innards of my comer and did stuff I couldn't follow, then uninstalled and reinstalled the new Premiere. The speed ramping is now working (on 24 fps clips).

Glad you got it sorted Dale.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007