DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sphere photo didn't come out as expected

The only place I can successfully view my sphere pano is in the DJI Go 4 app. It doesn’t even work correctly in iOS photostream. Am I missing something? Where else should I be able to view these?

Reactions: Leigh
The only place I can successfully view my sphere pano is in the DJI Go 4 app. It doesn’t even work correctly in iOS photostream. Am I missing something? Where else should I be able to view these?
Yup.. I know. It’s a real pain in the a**.

On a computer you can use Kolor | Download GoPro VR Player

On android this works fine: VR Media Player - 360° Viewer - Android Apps on Google Play

On iOS there' a "PhotoSphere" program that's not too shabby, "360 pano viewer" not too bad either but requires feeding it files from a computer. Might be better ones.

I've only used those to open HQ files stitched on the computer, not GO4/MA generated ones since they always have too many stitching errors to be of interest anyway but the format is standard so it should work with them too.

Easiest workflow I've found in iOS is:

1. Find the sphere pano in the Editor in DJI Go 4 app and export to Photostream.
2. Open Theta+ and "Edit Image" then select the photo from PhotoStream and proceed as follows: Mirror Ball, Next, Filter None, Next, Full Size/360 Degree Image, Next, Share.
3. Tapping "Share" at the end of that process will Launch Theta S, which will allow you to Share to Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr as a 360 Pano.

Takes about 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Did a sphere pano today of my local park and uploaded to sky pixel but it hasn't turned it into a sphere pano. It also looks vary pixelated. Any ideas why?

SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
I use an Android phone and Google Photos for my pictures. If you import the photo into your gallery, Google Photos will recognize it as a sphere and stitch it together. You can even view it with VR.

Easiest workflow I've found in iOS is:

1. Find the sphere pano in the Editor in DJI Go 4 app and export to Photostream.
2. Open Theta+ and "Edit Image" then select the photo from PhotoStream and proceed as follows: Mirror Ball, Next, Filter None, Next, Full Size/360 Degree Image, Next, Share.
3. Tapping "Share" at the end of that process will Launch Theta S, which will allow you to Share to Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr as a 360 Pano.

Takes about 30 seconds.
The trouble with that is that images are not the high quality ones. I'm trying to create the 32mb pano

Hi, I use the TinyPlanet app on my android phone. I believe it's also available for iOS. Very easy to use, just copy the pano from comp to phone/tablet load the app, open the pano, do your edits then save/export the pic. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky