DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spiralling to the ground crash

Greenirl

Reactions
So i was out today and had a little fly around and came back near home to a hover of 90ish meters when I thought I had a gimble glitch until it didn't stop and I could hear a unusual noise like fighting wind until "motor jammed" notification came up on the screen. The drone was actually spinning super fast and coming down unusually fast and it was unresponsive. It hit the ground in high grass thankfully.

I retrieved the drone and powered on and off and its like nothing happened. I also got motor error notifications the other day after the update.

Anyone else experience this?

• Wow
Reactions: Spartan Drones
So i was out today and had a little fly around and came back near home to a hover of 90ish meters when I thought I had a gimble glitch until it didn't stop and I could hear a unusual noise like fighting wind until "motor jammed" notification came up on the screen. The drone was actually spinning super fast and coming down unusually fast and it was unresponsive. It hit the ground in high grass thankfully.

I retrieved the drone and powered on and off and its like nothing happened. I also got motor error notifications the other day after the update.

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times and was concerned that the MM was really not reliable. Apparently what is happening is that the rear propellers are losing their shape because of the case. I almost lost my MM in the water because of this, but was able to recover. Changed the rear propellers and problem seems to be gone. What I kept seeing with each of these incidents was a message that Motors at Max....I downloaded the flight logs.....and sure enough, it was showing the motors were at max, the stick at neutral, and the drone in descent. Changed the rear props and it seems to be ok.....and flight logs seem to confirm this. What happens is that you need to make sure the rear props overlap each other when you store them in the Fly More Case......this apparently is cause rear props to warp.

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times and was concerned that the MM was really not reliable. Apparently what is happening is that the rear propellers are losing their shape because of the case. I almost lost my MM in the water because of this, but was able to recover. Changed the rear propellers and problem seems to be gone. What I kept seeing with each of these incidents was a message that Motors at Max....I downloaded the flight logs.....and sure enough, it was showing the motors were at max, the stick at neutral, and the drone in descent. Changed the rear props and it seems to be ok.....and flight logs seem to confirm this. What happens is that you need to make sure the rear props overlap each other when you store them in the Fly More Case......this apparently is cause rear props to warp.

Hey my fellow Marylander!

I would dare to say it is not because of the case, rather it is because of how people are placing the drone in the case. Once you understand the case, and that the blades have to be forward of the 'hump' in the bottom of the case, then you realize that in fact the case is not putting any pressure on the blades whatsoever.

I have used my Fly More case from day one, and so far have not experienced any flight issues!

Thanks for the replies everyone. My props are pretty true and I have been storing them correctly in the case insuring they are in they're slot in front of the "hump".

I did inspect for debris in the motors but couldn't see anything so I gave the a strong blow. I was flying for at least 13 minutes before this happened.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again [emoji15]

This has nothing to do with ESC nef errors.

Something must have gotten in the motor. The best advice I could give is to take off the props, blow inside the motor with compressed air, rinse with WD40, blow it dry again, lubricate the spindle with silicone oil. Should the bearing become affected it will certainly be by silicone oil and nothing else.

Do not wash the motor with a solvent as it might penetrate the motor bearing.

Reactions: Greenirl

If you want to know what actually happened then I would suggest posting the flight log file. Otherwise all you will get are guesses.

This has nothing to do with ESC nef errors.

Something must have gotten in the motor. The best advice I could give is to take off the props, blow inside the motor with compressed air, rinse with WD40, blow it dry again, lubricate the spindle with silicone oil. Should the bearing become affected it will certainly be by silicone oil and nothing else.

Do not wash the motor with a solvent as it might penetrate the motor bearing.
Thanks m8, I'll try the compressed air but don't fancy spraying oil inside [emoji15]

I have been trying to see my file data, do I upload this to airdata?

Reactions: Greenirl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980