DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode is not my friend

Wcordes

Reactions
Was flying with wife today and switched to sport mode and was flying circles around wife's Mavic Pro peeled off to bring home and flew into a tree at 39MPH 120 feet up. Mavic bounced off tree and fell, broke two arms, all props and has compass error. Can't download flight logs form AC is it worth fixing?

Was flying with wife today and switched to sport mode and was flying circles around wife's Mavic Pro peeled off to bring home and flew into a tree at 39MPH 120 feet up. Mavic bounced off tree and fell, broke two arms, all props and has compass error. Can't download flight logs form AC is it worth fixing?
Is the camera/gimbal OK? I think it would be worth fixing. You could also look into having @Thunderdrones do the repair.

Where are you located with trees 120 feet tall? Those are some very tall ones!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
That's the thing you have to watch out for with Sports Mode; massively increased stick sensitivity and massively increased stopping distances....Hope it's not too pricey to fix!

You might try disabling the Obstacle Avoidance sensors and then not bothering with Sports Mode; the OA is only useful if you're flying slow and low near obstacles, but it also limits the pitch and speed which can cause issues in you have a strong wind.... This way you'll have no need for Sports Mode at all...
Cheers
Ian

You don’t know what you’re missing. And one day you may need to use it to get back if it’s windy out.
Very true, but as the OP has shown, Sports Mode comes with its own issues! :) That's why some people disable the Obstacle Ovoidance sensors to overcome the wind issue without needing Sports Mode
Ian

I have limited time in Sport mode. Scares me. The braking time is way long, I seem to almost mess up every time. Hope your drone doesn't cost to much. If it's to bad maybe keep it for spare parts and just get a new one.

Sports mode, Makes me smile. I won't go in to flying 250 race quads on 4 cell packs with 2300KV motors. Here is an example of where I have been, with flying quads over the last 3 years. No GPS here my friend. Fatshark goggles and a f4 board is all you need. These Mavics are like sitting in your favorite recliner on a sunday afternoon. It's all about stick time.

I have limited time in Sport mode. Scares me. The braking time is way long, I seem to almost mess up every time. Hope your drone doesn't cost to much. If it's to bad maybe keep it for spare parts and just get a new one.
Thunderdrones gave me a fare estimate on repairs and will be sending to him as soon as work allows. Good news is dear wife got me to get a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev