DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode issues

Shield2160

Reactions
Since I updated to the latest firmware and the 4.0.1 software when I put it in sport mode I can't get speeds above 20 mph has anybody else had this issue? I was getting 40 MPH prior to the update. Maybe there's a setting I'm not seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Since I updated to the latest firmware and the 4.0.1 software when I put it in sport mode I can't get speeds above 20 mph has anybody else had this issue? I was getting 40 MPH prior to the update. Maybe there's a setting I'm not seeing?

I just got mine so I don't know for certain, but I know that if the Vision Avoidance sensors are on it will only go 22mph....Try turning them off.

Be sure your intelligent flight control setting is enabled. The update tends to reset many features on the aircraft.

I just got mine so I don't know for certain, but I know that if the Vision Avoidance sensors are on it will only go 22mph....Try turning them off.
According to the manual your sensors are automatically turned off when in sport mode

Did you try viewing any of the related flight logs? You can upload them here. Perhaps they will explain what happened.

I'm definitely turning on the sport mode switch on the right-hand side of the controller.

Just a brain fart, but coud it be the app setting is overruling the controller switch? Try setting the app setting first then the switch.

Again, just a thought.

Reactions: marky153

Mine did the same thing! But I did realize today that the multiple flight modes was turned off on the main controller screen.... it looks like every time I shut everything down it makes me turn it on again... not sure if that was intended in the update or not but that is going to suck to have to remember to turn it on every time I wanna fly!!

I'll have to look when I get home and let you know. All I know is that I updated the firmware yesterday and flew it and realized that it didn't fly fast at all in sport mode in fact it flew faster in regular mode. So this morning I started searching around on the app for why it wouldn't be working and noticed that that option was turned off and I didn't turn it off. So I took it out and flew it around and it worked then came in and turned everything off and back on again and sure enough it was turned off again...

Reactions: Tomdog
View attachment 2833

From the DJI Official Manual page 34.

Since P mode flys about 22 mph maximum this would indicate that you are not switched over to S mode or Sport Mode.

Since P mode flys about 22 mph maximum this would indicate that you are not switched over to S mode or Sport Mode.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a newbee Ive been flying Phantoms for some time now BUT I Feel so STUPID I see the Multi Flight Modes is off. I know I turned it on after the update. I'll have to see if it goes off the next time I fly. Thanks to everyone for the help and patients. Happy Holidays To All

Reactions: Pete
I had this today, flights modes ON in the app, beginner mode OFF, toggled from P to S anf back again (to make sure) and then back into S mode - didnt work. No response on controller and Mavic still appears to be in P mode.

Since P mode flys about 22 mph maximum this would indicate that you are not switched over to S mode or Sport Mode.

I'm not a newbee Ive been flying Phantoms for some time now BUT I Feel so STUPID I see the Multi Flight Modes is off. I know I turned it on after the update. I'll have to see if it goes off the next time I fly. Thanks to everyone for the help and patients. Happy Holidays To All[/QUOTE]

Its all good! Glad you found it and if that is the only issue you have with the Mavic Pro consider yourself fortunate
We are here as a community to help other pilots (something that some forum members forget from time to time)

The complexity of these amazing flying machines increase and so does the need to check multiple settings.

Reactions: Shield2160
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078