DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport or Position setting on Zoom.

Stephen Cowley

Reactions
Planning on a 2 mile each way and 3,000 foot climb. Am I better off in Sport or Position in terms of battery range?

Planning on a 2 mile each way and 3,000 foot climb. Am I better off in Sport or Position in terms of battery range?
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

You’ll have post the equipment/software used to fly your Zoom in order get a good answer to your question.

Seems like I saw the upper limit on the controller settings now that you mention it. Guess I'll have to drive half way up the mountain. I'm not going to fiddle with the equipment. tks
Still like to know if Sport mode is more costly in terms of long runs. With cars, boats, planes speed costs in terms of range.

Seems like I saw the upper limit on the controller settings now that you mention it. Guess I'll have to drive half way up the mountain. I'm not going to fiddle with the equipment. tks
Still like to know if Sport mode is more costly in terms of long runs. With cars, boats, planes speed costs in terms of range.
If you can find a place at distance to land you may be able to reset the altimeter.,, just don’t lose VLOS. Used this trick when flying up mountain sides.

If you can find a place at distance to land you may be able to reset the altimeter.,, just don’t lose VLOS. Used this trick when flying up mountain sides.
What do you mean by "at distance to land"?

Fly out and up. Land higher than original TO, landand the TO again. Altitude resets to zero.
Once you've landed at altitude, do you need to shut down or will the reset be automatic once you've landed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78