DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.SRT data comparison

VintageSlots

Reactions
Below are two screen captures. One shows the data from a Mavic 2 Zoom, the other is from a Mavic Pro.

The Zoom has no GPS data.

This makes it unusable for some of my jobs.

Thanks for the heads up DJI!

SRT2.png Srt2.png

This is discussed elsewhere - it seems theres a SRT subdirectory containing the file now instead of directly embedded.

FWIW on stills at least, absolute altitude is out by roughly 72,000 miles.

This is discussed elsewhere - it seems theres a SRT subdirectory containing the file now instead of directly embedded.

FWIW on stills at least, absolute altitude is out by roughly 72,000 miles.

I have already reported the issue of the altitude being halfway to the moon.

Last edited:
Below are two screen captures. One shows the data from a Mavic 2 Zoom, the other is from a Mavic Pro.

The Zoom has no GPS data.

This makes it unusable for some of my jobs.

Thanks for the heads up DJI!

View attachment 46085View attachment 46086
Hi @VintageSlots , Could you try with the latest firmware? Apparently someone is getting GPS locations now Understanding SRT file data

If that's the case, would you mind sharing an SRT file with me? (privately if you want) I'm trying to make sure my SRT reading web-app works well: DJI SRT Flight Data Viewer

Appreciated

Wow, that was great timing. Weather has been too cold to fly much. I reluctantly updated the M2Z a week or so ago.

Weather wasn't bad today so I decided to go to RC field just to fart around and practice my off the deck flying (i.e., close to ground).

Anyway, I read the above email while at the field. I shot a short video and confirmed Long./Lat. is now in the SRT file. Here is a screen shot.

I would be happy to email it to you if you want it. This forum won't allow .SRT files to be uploaded.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.45.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.45.17 PM.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 33
Ok, I can confirm the data can be read through DJI SRT Flight Data Viewer

Still some work to do regarding time, speeds and new values (ct could be colour temperature).

As suspected, altitude is missing, but latitude and longitude are much more accurate than they are on the Mavic 1 Pro and frequency is much higher too (1 data packet per frame, instead of one each second). So some tradeoffs, some improvements, but finally some usable data :).

Wow, that was great timing. Weather has been too cold to fly much. I reluctantly updated the M2Z a week or so ago.

Weather wasn't bad today so I decided to go to RC field just to fart around and practice my off the deck flying (i.e., close to ground).

Anyway, I read the above email while at the field. I shot a short video and confirmed Long./Lat. is now in the SRT file. Here is a screen shot.

I would be happy to email it to you if you want it. This forum won't allow .SRT files to be uploaded.

Looks like DJI quality control is still in place. They didn't spell longitude correctly, not a huge deal, but more evidence they really don't check their work that closely.

I will need to edit the .SRT file when I deliver to customer so they don't think I am the idiot who doesn't know how to spell.

Reactions: 0Kajuna0

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403