DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 St Andrews, Scotland 4K Drone Footage

Chicolabronse - 2nd Time flying? I better get more practice time in!

That was a pleasure to watch. Your music was really good to match your cinematograpy. Good sound effects mixed in too.
@ 1:09 - you were above a seagull - I liked that shot. Good catch.
@ 2:07 - Is that a Navigational becon? Nice place for it.
@ 4:00 - St. Andrews - not a bad place for someone's final resting place!
@ 5:20 - you flying up toward the facade of St. Andrews to catch the sun - That was nice flying.
@ 6:00 - you just HAD to add a cute little man, didn't ya? HAHAHA

Well done - I wouldn't mind watching more videos you post. Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the video!

@ 1:09 - Yeah that was a lucky catch!
@ 2:07 - Yes that is Elie Ness Lighthouse.
@ 4:00 - It's a beautiful part of the world, played golf in the area a few times but it was great to focus on the scenery this time.
@ 5:20 - Right time, right place on that shot! lol
@ 6:00 - My youngest grandson, Tried to get them in the video (managed to get them both in the opening shot) as much as I could but they just weren't up for it! lol

I'm hoping to get out as much as possible for more flights, really enjoy flying the drone and editing the videos,

Cheers

Reactions: Prop Wash
I just had to watch it a few more times, it was that engaging. I’ve been flying/filming for 4 years and I don’t think I’ve edited a presentation video that good. I may have more moves, but you captured so many scenes. That’s my objective any time I visit a locale… full coverage and a lot of shot variety. The straight down shots are the most compelling. I like the way you opened with the boy straight down and closed with the boy.
Really glad that your enjoying the video, makes it worthwhile to hear the positive feedback and inspires me to get out and capture more footage! the opening and closing shots were something I planned as soon as i received the mini 2.

Cheers

Really glad that your enjoying the video, makes it worthwhile to hear the positive feedback and inspires me to get out and capture more footage! the opening and closing shots were something I planned as soon as i received the mini 2.

Cheers
Ive found the more I practice, the better and faster I get at envisioning shots, performing multi-input moves in long continuous clips and a higher quality capture rate. Of course, a worthy locale makes all the difference. I have good locales to practice nearby, but when traveling to destinations far from home, I want to be prepared, have my moves down. Researching multiple launch spots, subjects, scenes and photos online ahead also saves time and indecision. There’s always a degree of anxiety you have to overcome when flying someplace new.

Reactions: Chicolabronse
Ive found the more I practice, the better and faster I get at envisioning shots, performing multi-input moves in long continuous clips and a higher quality capture rate. Of course, a worthy locale makes all the difference. I have good locales to practice nearby, but when traveling to destinations far from home, I want to be prepared, have my moves down. Researching multiple launch spots, subjects, scenes and photos online ahead also saves time and indecision. There’s always a degree of anxiety you have to overcome when flying someplace new.
I definitely felt more comfortable flying at this location after taking some time studying the area before we went, which also made planning and executing the type of shots I wanted to capture much easier (and quicker) I've started planning my next couple of flights of these locations -

Ibrox stadium
aerial-view-of-ibrox-stadium-home-of-rangers-fc-BD9R4C.jpg

The Titan crane
612664395a40232133447d33247d38313035313631323631.jpg

These will be much more challenging flights due to them being in built up areas but i'm exited to capture some footage.

You got exactly the right approach. Plan ahead. Identify the features and make the moves. .Heres a locale near me with many features. Historic Civil War town at the convergence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. Railroad bridges, cliffs above the C&O Canal, paddlers, etc.
Heres an interesting clip from above the town with a flock of ravens swarming around the drone, starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chicolabronse
You got exactly the right approach. Plan ahead. Identify the features and make the moves. .Heres a locale near me with many features. Historic Civil War town at the convergence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. Railroad bridges, cliffs above the C&O Canal, paddlers, etc.
Heres an interesting clip from above the town with a flock of birds.
Cool video, pictures look great as well, that must have been scary with the flock of birds!

I rarely take the time to do full presentation videos. I'm shooting/editing video for work every day and prefer to spend my free time away from the workstation flying, paddling, playing guitar, etc.

Cool video, pictures look great as well, that must have been scary with the flock of birds!
Most birds are agile and enough to avoid flying into my drone props. A raven might be big enough to make it drop out of the sky...
Here’s a batch of clips I shot a couple weeks ago of a small college where some pigeons are tasked with defending the campus. They begin their perimeter reconnaissance around the 1:00 mark and put up a mighty defense. Note: My Resolve exports seem to be very contrasty compared the the timeline view. So annoying.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000