DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

St Lucia (Part 4 - Soufriere to Pitons)

MPone

Reactions

No mountain pair is as famous as the Saint Lucia Pitons, the island’s iconic mountains. The Pitons are protected as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the dramatic twin peaks of Gros Piton and Petit Piton are among the Caribbean island’s most memorable landmarks. Towering 2,619 feet (798 meters) above sea level, the Gros Piton, the larger of the two, is also a popular challenge for avid hikers. They do resemble a pair of Megalodon shark tooth.

No mountain pair is as famous as the Saint Lucia Pitons, the island’s iconic mountains. The Pitons are protected as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the dramatic twin peaks of Gros Piton and Petit Piton are among the Caribbean island’s most memorable landmarks. Towering 2,619 feet (798 meters) above sea level, the Gros Piton, the larger of the two, is also a popular challenge for avid hikers. They do resemble a pair of Megalodon shark tooth.
The colors are amazing. Nice work!

Reactions: MPone
I hiked both Gros and Petit Piton years back. Very comfortable hiking terrain where we live NH/ME. But found it to be a miserable hike, but it was worth the view. Very small viewing area at the top.

Reactions: MPone
I hiked both Gros and Petit Piton years back. Very comfortable hiking terrain where we live NH/ME. But found it to be a miserable hike, but it was worth the view. Very small viewing area at the top.

I only did Gros. Yes it's disappointing up at the top. Wanted to drone up there but couldn't find any flat ground for launch and limited space.