DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stabilising 360 video from Mavic

jontracey

Reactions
Hey everyone, looking for some tips for anyone who flys a 360 camera on a drone. I took my Samsung Gear 360 out for a spin yesterday, got some great footage over the lakes but unlike the built in camera its not stabilised or protected from vibration so the footage is a little shakey especially close to the ground.
Anyone got any tips to stabilise in post, can I just apply a stabiliser in FCPX without breaking anything ?

Here is a link to the flight

Any tips gratefully received

I'm thinking that would be really tough, since the stabilizer features of editors I know of usually crop to a rectangular shape. If there's a solution, I'd be interested as well. I do 360 also, but my solution was to modify a gimbal on one of my DIY drones and hang the camera upside down on the gimbal arm to keep it stable in flight. I have to flip the video in the editor, but I've had good results. Great video, by the way. The Mavic is so stable in flight that it does a pretty good job even without having the camera on a gimbal.

I don't know of any editing software that will stabilize 360 video. You can't crop 360 videos which is how stabilization is done.

I don't know of any editing software that will stabilize 360 video. You can't crop 360 videos which is how stabilization is done.

Giving it a try was able to stabilise it a bit and inject the meta data will see how youtube handles it, will report back

I'm thinking that would be really tough, since the stabilizer features of editors I know of usually crop to a rectangular shape. If there's a solution, I'd be interested as well. I do 360 also, but my solution was to modify a gimbal on one of my DIY drones and hang the camera upside down on the gimbal arm to keep it stable in flight. I have to flip the video in the editor, but I've had good results. Great video, by the way. The Mavic is so stable in flight that it does a pretty good job even without having the camera on a gimbal.

thanks will give it a go and see what I can come up with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan