DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stabilization

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Do you do post Stabilization with things that are already supposedly stabilized in the hyper-lapse shooting mode? I realize the answer will be it depends but I am trying to get a consensus if it is needed more often than not....

Both of these are in 1080pi not 8k from an Air 2 and Stabilization is the standard in Davcinci 16.2

Downtown In Distance Over Woods Straight From Drone

Downtown In Distance Over Woods Stabilized In Post Davinci

Thoughts?
I usually stabilize everything but I always work with 4k. I wouldn’t stabilize that shot in only 1080p. If you use a higher resolution it gives you more latitude. You are pretty much handcuffed in 1080p and using up more resolution will have a detrimental impact on your visual quality.

I usually stabilize everything but I always work with 4k. I wouldn’t stabilize that shot in only 1080p. If you use a higher resolution it gives you more latitude. You are pretty much handcuffed in 1080p and using up more resolution will have a detrimental impact on your visual quality.

thats fair, 1080 is the default for the 2 second per picture taking shot for the hyper lapse mode.. I am hoping a future software update gives us that option for the 8k as its only 6 second ones now and I dont like em as much...

I need to play around making my own hyper lapses with shooting 4k video but the mode to do this is easier at the moment.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr