DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Star Barn sunrise in Lancaster County, PA 9/14/24

Nice video. The only negative thing I'd point out is that the transitions are too frequent. You don't have time to enjoy the scene before another transition.

Nice video. The only negative thing I'd point out is that the transitions are too frequent. You don't have time to enjoy the scene before another transition.
And the needless animated transitions too. Isn’t the point of video to show the scene? Adding intrusive transitions is distracting and not necessary, especially over and over. Think - how many times do I see gimmicky transitions on TV programmes or films? There’s a reason they’re not used.

No no, this is all wrong :) You can't have a mega chilled tasteful soundtrack like that with almost no defining pulse, and such beautiful natural landscapes / architecturally calming scenes compromised with a Borg-style sci-fi futuristic shutter transition effect utterly in opposition to everything else, far too fast and frequent and intrusive. If we truly listen to what the soundtrack is telling us, we need to slow the shots right down, and do long slow crossfades between them or fades to black and none of the novelty robot shutters ! Fancy wipes are best saved for the bathroom, not the edit suite !

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My first impression was, beautiful scenes not able to be enjoyed by too quick transitions. Secondly the "lens aperture/shutter" transition was very disconcerting. It's ok to allow the image to remain on the screen for 2 1/2 to 3 seconds. If possible, re-edit this allowing more screen time for each scene.

As always, my opinion only.

Dale

I like what you showed us. I understand being creative, but also remember the viewer. I agree, the transitions were frequent and distracting. Perhaps, if when you change scenes frequently, find multiple transitions that would enhance the video you not using the same one through out. This, too, is my opinion.

Reactions: GrayWaterOps
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StMavic3rd