DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Ins

STUFF2C

Reactions
Called the local SF agent last week to get their Personal Property Policy that happens to cover drones. Pretty simple process, I did have to go into the SF office so they could take pictures of everything. $75 for the 0 deductible policy here in Florida. I'll sleep better knowing Flying Squirrel 2.0 now has great health insurance

Reactions: dcrist66 and MKurr
Do you have to have an existing policy with State Farm to purchase the personal property coverage? I called an agent in Florida who says you need homeowner or renter’s insurance before you can add the coverage. Does anyone know if that’s accurate?

Reactions: bobfa100
No other policy required for me... Rocco English is the agent, Lauren was my contact

Reactions: dawgpilot
In WA state, it appears the zero deductible policy is only if you have other existing State Farm insurance. For $1900 worth for coverage it was $47 a year with a $100 deductible. $37 a year for $1500 coverage. I talked to two different offices and they both told me the same thing.

Reactions: ff22
I have my Mavic Pro covered by State Farm in Louisiana. I don't use SF for any other coverage. It only cost $49 a year for up to $5000 personnel property coverage. I just found out that I can add coverage for the rest of my fleet for no additional cost. I just have to send invoice, and serial numbers for each drone. As of next week I will have $500 coverage for my Phantom 3 w/fly more combo, $1500 on my MP w/fly more, $1000 on my MA w/fly more, and my newest $2000 MP2 zoom w/fly more.
Much cheaper than DJI care. The agent assured me that they will cover everything even if I screw up and crash.
Gives me much peace of mind with so much invested.

Reactions: ff22
I have my Mavic Pro covered by State Farm in Louisiana. I don't use SF for any other coverage. It only cost $49 a year for up to $5000 personnel property coverage. I just found out that I can add coverage for the rest of my fleet for no additional cost. I just have to send invoice, and serial numbers for each drone. As of next week I will have $500 coverage for my Phantom 3 w/fly more combo, $1500 on my MP w/fly more, $1000 on my MA w/fly more, and my newest $2000 MP2 zoom w/fly more.
Much cheaper than DJI care. The agent assured me that they will cover everything even if I screw up and crash.

can you add this insurance if the drone was purchased a few months ago? so when new is there a time frame?

I called State Farm last week and was quoted Up to 5k Coverage for $60yr with Zero Detectable. All they want is the Serial Number off the Drone..

I have State farm only for my dji. Home is with others. Used it once already and was flawless very good

And they didn't drop you or raise your rate? How long have you have your DJI insurance with them?

can you add this insurance if the drone was purchased a few months ago? so when new is there a time frame?
It doesn't have to be new. You can add it anytime. You might have to show the agent that it's in good condition but my wife knows the agent I dealt with so my word was good enough.

I misquoted the premium. It's $60 a year not $49. But still a great deal.

I clicked on this post and saw the SF and thought San Francisco and got excited. State Farm doesn’t work here in California. I’m sad.

While I am flying in addition to user error I’ve had several birds, large birds come over to check out my bird and then leave. Then there are the occasional drunk flock of pigeons that somehow fly through my air space and I don’t know how but they miss the drone ( not by much) And today a new one, a bunch of helium balloons with long stringers released. Not sure if it was intentional. Anyway, I don’t worry about it [emoji4]

Do you have to have an existing policy with State Farm to purchase the personal property coverage? I called an agent in Florida who says you need homeowner or renter’s insurance before you can add the coverage. Does anyone know if that’s accurate?

Same here in Washington state.

Same here in Washington state.
We use Progressive insurance for home and auto. Only use State Farm for coverage on my drones. My agent is in Louisiana. Not sure what the rules are in Florida.

We use Progressive insurance for home and auto. Only use State Farm for coverage on my drones. My agent is in Louisiana. Not sure what the rules are in Florida.

It just makes so much sense that the same national company has different results in different states - NOT!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird