DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Plan + Moving to CA

RupertPupkin

Reactions
Have the State Farm PAP coverage for my MA2, registered to an NY address. Moving to CA in a few months and wondering whether anyone has any insight on how PAP plans originated in other states do/don't apply in CA?

Assuming that I won't be able to renew with a CA address when my current plan year ends, and that changing the address on the plan midway through would probably result in its termination(?).

I'll still have the NY address (family home), so say I keep it registered in NY but then crash it in CA, does the SF plan - appropriately registered in a state that offers it - still cover accidents that occur in CA?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.

Have the State Farm PAP coverage for my MA2, registered to an NY address. Moving to CA in a few months and wondering whether anyone has any insight on how PAP plans originated in other states do/don't apply in CA?

Assuming that I won't be able to renew with a CA address when my current plan year ends, and that changing the address on the plan midway through would probably result in its termination(?).

I'll still have the NY address (family home), so say I keep it registered in NY but then crash it in CA, does the SF plan - appropriately registered in a state that offers it - still cover accidents that occur in CA?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
Keep the plan registered in NY...your good to go. You will have to file with your NY office though if you need to file a claim (More than likely just a phone in anyway)...give no hint that you actually live in CA.
Insurance has been screwing us since it's concept, I see no issue with "us" giving a bit back of what they deal..YMMV. ;)

Reactions: RupertPupkin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ