DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm said no!

Boog0822

Reactions
So I called my State Farm guy and he was in a meeting. I asked the lady that answered about a person all property insurance policy for my new drone. She said they called underwr4two weeks ago and they don't cover drones or any other flying devices. What the?? Call another State Farm agent? I've read tons of people on this board got insurance trough State Farm. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bogey32
So I called my State Farm guy and he was in a meeting. I asked the lady that answered about a person all property insurance policy for my new drone. She said they called underwr4two weeks ago and they don't cover drones or any other flying devices. What the?? Call another State Farm agent? I've read tons of people on this board got insurance trough State Farm. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Yes....call another one. I've also read posts here and other forums about State Farm insuring their drones...anywhere from $30 to $70 per year.

Call another. I have State Farm drone policy. It took calling several agents and finally one knew what it was. Evidently it's pretty new. If you're in TX I can share his info with you.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: shevlin
Are you in California? I don't think they will cover it there. I would just call another agent. I had no problem.

I am in NY and my agent called me back today and I inquired about it. He said they were recently briefed about it but it was new to him so he was going to look into it and get back to me. I will update when I hear more.

When I find called my State Farm agent re my drones on a personal articles policy, she said no. I had contract with another owner who said HIS State Farm insured his drones and that it was as of Jan 2016 that they started doing it, so info you received was not accurate. PRESS your agent to call HQ. Worse case email my agent [email protected] for help or have her write the policy if she can.

Reactions: Healeyho
Each state varies, but I just got a State Farm policy on mine for $60 per year in Georgia. Interestingly my agent quoted me $32/year but some weird Georgia law will not allow any policy less than $60/year.
P.S. This is the only policy I have with SF.

@Boog0822 I've known my SF agent for 20+ years and when I got my Personal Articles Policy he had to look in the handbook to see what I was talking about. What I'm trying to say is that this type of policy has been around for years and is barely used, thus if the agent you spoke with is a Noob he/she wouldn't know about it or too lazy to look it up.

I checked with my agent and she found the coverage under the personal property policies (which we currently have). They can add the value of the unit and it is covered the same as our other items on the policy which is mostly jewelry. It is covered for anything (loss, damage, crashed, stolen, etc) except liability which we have on our homeowners policy. The only requirements are that it is used recreationally and weighs less than 55 pounds.

But if you don't have any other insurance, doesn't it become your primary insurance?
I was going under the assumption that a person in the US would have (health) insurance since it is mandatory. If you have no insurance the AMA plan does act as a primary plan. It is not the coverage you would get from traditional heath insurance but it is better than none. You must qualify for it and have followed all their rules for it to be applied. I consider it one of the many benefits that comes along with AMA membership.

SOURCE: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/500-m.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid