DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm said no!

Got my Mavic Pro and my extra battery full coverage from State Farm in less than 30 minutes. Theft, loss, mysterious disappearance, accident with $0 deductible for $60 one year coverage.

69c46b0ac243c86d5a19052aa61c1ca5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using MavicPilots mobile app

I just got a check from State Farm today because they overcharged me. Went from 40 dollars to 30 dollars.

They actually called me back an hour later and I went down to talk to them. They quoted me $60 yearly, as others have stated. He also told me that $60 is the minimum policy premium they could offer no matter what you insure. So he basically told me to add other items to the policy and it would still be $60. I could add my three Smith & Wesson pistols and the policy would be $61/year. Amazingly it was $18 for the drone and $43 for the guns! That covers loss, theft, accident whatever. Zero deductible! I also have a bunch of autographed sports memorabilia. I guessed $7500 as the value and that moved the policy to $110/year. I'd suggest everyone look into adding things to their policy. Wedding rings, firearms, camera equipment, and every other collectible. Now I just need to itemize my autographed items. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Each state varies, but I just got a State Farm policy on mine for $60 per year in Georgia. Interestingly my agent quoted me $32/year but some weird Georgia law will not allow any policy less than $60/year.
P.S. This is the only policy I have with SF.

where are you in Georgia, im in Savannah...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: sumetrap
Yes....call another one. I've also read posts here and other forums about State Farm insuring their drones...anywhere from $30 to $70 per year.

I have 2 mavic drones covered for just 60 bucks total! Message me if you want his number.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Each state varies, but I just got a State Farm policy on mine for $60 per year in Georgia. Interestingly my agent quoted me $32/year but some weird Georgia law will not allow any policy less than $60/year.
P.S. This is the only policy I have with SF.
Sounds like each state has their own minimum amount for this policy. In FL, $75/YEAR is minimum for any SF policy.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I've been a long time member of the AMA and membership is a requirement to fly at a local RC club field not to far from my home. I was always under the impression that the AMA insurance was only valid for any property damage and injury you may have caused, when flying from an AMA sanctioned field, or event. I don't think flying at your local park is covered, or maybe I'm wrong?

I'm in VA, it is under miscellaneous items within the Personal Articles policies. I unfortunately had to make a claim against it for my P4. They were real nice and process was easy.

They actually called me back an hour later and I went down to talk to them. They quoted me $60 yearly, as others have stated. He also told me that $60 is the minimum policy premium they could offer no matter what you insure. So he basically told me to add other items to the policy and it would still be $60. I could add my three Smith & Wesson pistols and the policy would be $61/year. Amazingly it was $18 for the drone and $43 for the guns! That covers loss, theft, accident whatever. Zero deductible! I also have a bunch of autographed sports memorabilia. I guessed $7500 as the value and that moved the policy to $110/year. I'd suggest everyone look into adding things to their policy. Wedding rings, firearms, camera equipment, and every other collectible. Now I just need to itemize my autographed items. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Which agent did you use?

The agent I called in San Diego said State Farm was not doing drone policies in California.

Anyone in California have any luck with State Farm???

The agent I called in San Diego said State Farm was not doing drone policies in California.

Anyone in California have any luck with State Farm???
Your State Farm agent specifically called it a "Drone Policy"? If so, then he's a douche bag. With that said, I have heard of other CA members having issues obtaining a Personal Article policy

Reactions: Misterdavis
I've been a long time member of the AMA and membership is a requirement to fly at a local RC club field not to far from my home. I was always under the impression that the AMA insurance was only valid for any property damage and injury you may have caused, when flying from an AMA sanctioned field, or event. I don't think flying at your local park is covered, or maybe I'm wrong?

I would also like clarification on this only thing holding me back from purchasing.

Here:

Attachments

• InsuranceSummaryMembers.pdf
    269.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: dv8ed
Here's what my agent is saying. $60.00 per year. St.Farm minimum in Arizona. Full coverage. If you file a claim in first year,they cancel the policy. If you file a claim after the first year, they pay the claim but do NOT cancel the policy. She also said the real cost of the policy was 16.00 and I could add more items onto the policy at no additional cost (guns,jewelry).This is not tied to any homeowners policy that I have at all. Completely separate policy. DJI refresh care is only good for one year and cannot be renewed. I bought both. If I need to file a claim in the first year,it will go to DJI. After the first year, it will then be on St.Farm. In reality, it won't matter because by then the mavic will be outdated and will probably be replaced with a new one and the process will start again. The economic system at work again!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid