DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Status indicators

eskadrone

Reactions
Hello everyone. I was trying to to fly last night and I know Im not supposed to fly at night but i just wanted to take it up high enough to take some shots of city lights. I know the sensors wont work. The status indicators were blinking green as they supposed to with good gps signal. The IMU and compass in good service. However after about every four or five times it blinkes green(normally) it blinkes red twice for one second each time and goes back to green and then again to red two blinks and so on. Unusual. I decided not to fly. Can’t find this info in manual. What does that mean? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I was trying to to fly last night and I know Im not supposed to fly at night but i just wanted to take it up high enough to take some shots of city lights. I know the sensors wont work. The status indicators were blinking green as they supposed to with good gps signal. The IMU and compass in good service. However after about every four time it blinked green(normally) it blinked red twice for one second each time. Decided not to fly. Can’t find this info in manual. What does that mean? Thanks!

Try to pressing the Record button and I think you will find the red lights disappear and than will come back on after your recording is over or your card is filled .

Phatnomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

Just for the record, if you're flying as a hobbyist under Part 336, you can fly at night

The best advice I can give you is YES that is correct , however it really makes no difference if you are in a situation where the drone is going to bother or upset anyone.

Trying to tell all that Nonsense to a Police officer or neighbor is futile. Just use common sense and that will always be your best avenue , regardless if you have the right to fly that is the Brilliant thing to do.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Yes those light interfere with the video , so they turn off when recording , I noticed it once my memory card was filled , the lights jumped to red.

Just to make sure.. I know the front leds turn off when recording or shooting. But Im talking about tail status leds. Im sorry if I didn’t explain it right)

Just to make sure.. I know the front leds turn off when recording or shooting. But Im talking about tail status leds. Im sorry if I didn’t explain it right)
Maybe this will help.

Maybe this will help.

Yes, I watched it last night. I’ve gone through tha manual the part about indicators. But it didn’t say anything about this. I’ve edited my OP to better explanation. Im thinking those two red blinks every ten seconds or so mean some sort of a warning that obstacle avoidance is not working due to operating at night. Again, not sure. I was good to go on every other thing on checklist. Thanks

Yes, I watched it last night. I’ve gone through tha manual the part about indicators. But it didn’t say anything about this. I’ve edited my OP to better explanation. Im thinking those two red blinks every ten seconds or so mean some sort of a warning that obstacle avoidance is not working due to operating at night. Again, not sure. I was good to go on every other thing on checklist. Thanks
Have you gone into the about section of the app to see what warnings have popped up?
You might find something there.

Reactions: eskadrone
Sorry for making this my first post...

Im not 100% yet on this but I am experiencing the exact same situation. After calming down thinking there was a critical error with my drone... What I have come to find is that it's a warning indicator to notify that you're flying in/near an enhanced warning zone. As mentioned, I am experiencing the exact same issue on my Mavic 2 Pro and believe this to be the case from what I can tell. Doesn't seem to be any DJI documented information this (or at least that I've found yet) but appears to be the case. I'm going to test in a few days weather permitting and will report back.

Sorry for making this my first post...

Im not 100% yet on this but I am experiencing the exact same situation. After calming down thinking there was a critical error with my drone... What I have come to find is that it's a warning indicator to notify that you're flying in/near an enhanced warning zone. As mentioned, I am experiencing the exact same issue on my Mavic 2 Pro and believe this to be the case from what I can tell. Doesn't seem to be any DJI documented information this (or at least that I've found yet) but appears to be the case. I'm going to test in a few days weather permitting and will report back.

Thank you for your input!!! I’ll do the same!

I know this is an old thread but wanted to confirm the above to be true. Sorry for the horribly delayed reply.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure