DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Steps to getting Certificate after passing part 107 test?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I know that should I pass the Part 107 test next week I won't automatically be sent a certificate. Is there an application that must be filled out subsequent to the test. Is there a cost involved for getting the certificate beyond the test fee?

So what happens after the test up to receiving the certificate?

I know that should I pass the Part 107 test next week I won't automatically be sent a certificate. Is there an application that must be filled out subsequent to the test. Is there a cost involved for getting the certificate beyond the test fee?

So what happens after the test up to receiving the certificate?
Make sure you fill out ahead of time. If your lucky, the examiner could sign it that day and they'll mail your permanent cert. Someone will have to back me up here. I'm part 61 so it was easy

After you have entered all the required information in IACRA and your exam score has been registered in the system, you can print out a Temporary Airman’s Certificate to use until your official ID card arrives in the mail. That takes several weeks to receive.

Make sure you fill out ahead of time. If your lucky, the examiner could sign it that day and they'll mail your permanent cert. Someone will have to back me up here. I'm part 61 so it was easy

Doesn't work that way if you aren't Part 61. There's no examiner looking at your application, instead the FAA needs to get your test report electronically sent to them and then it's associated with your application in IACRA.

Doesn't work that way if you aren't Part 61. There's no examiner looking at your application, instead the FAA needs to get your test report electronically sent to them and then it's associated with your application in IACRA.
Good info. Thanks

After you have entered all the required information in IACRA and your exam score has been registered in the system, you can print out a Temporary Airman’s Certificate to use until your official ID card arrives in the mail. That takes several weeks to receive.

I believe there can be a brief delay due to an electronic background check DHS does on new airman certificate applicants as well.

Reactions: Kyle76
I believe there can be a brief delay due to an electronic background check DHS does on new airman certificate applicants as well.

After my test the results were pulled up by the time I got home. I submitted that Saturday morning and I had my temporary cert on Tuesday. Keep in mind the number will say pending until the hard card comes in. I sent the FAA an email on that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60