DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still confused on which.....

HD05FLSTCI

Reactions
I currently own an MA2, the handful of times I've actually flown it, description. Fun. I'm considering going to a MM3P for packability purposes. I've searched and searched; all I ask is. Will the MM3P be as capable as the MA2? Future goals, mountain ranges, abandoned beaches and twisting, turning back roads. I just want to be able to send the drone up and follow me on my motorcycle. I just don't have any real time data. I'm sorry, I'm so new to drones. What will track me better and keep up. Speeds will be helpful.

Reactions: Solsearcher
I currently own an MA2, the handful of times I've actually flown it, description. Fun. I'm considering going to a MM3P for packability purposes. I've searched and searched; all I ask is. Will the MM3P be as capable as the MA2? Future goals, mountain ranges, abandoned beaches and twisting, turning back roads. I just want to be able to send the drone up and follow me on my motorcycle. I just don't have any real time data. I'm sorry, I'm so new to drones. What will track me better and keep up. Speeds will be helpful.
I can't give you any advice on this, but I have a Mini 3 Pro, but I haven't tried it out following anything. I'm waiting for responses because I too, would like to follow me on my motorcycle!

what you have to remember with any drone ,that has the ability to auto follow a moving object is ,that it will be subject to the same environment and weather conditions ,as if it were being flown manually ,so its ability to keep up with a moving object will vary according to its height and the direction of the wind ,plus of course ,the actual terrain that the moving object is on ,that it is trying to follow ,also remember that its speed ,will compared to a more powerful drone ,also be a limiting factor ,in its ability to keep up with a fast moving object ,

If you established your expectations for a drone following you on a motorcycle on " twisting, turning back roads" based on DJI promo videos, you may be disappointed in the real world performance of the tracking system on any DJI consumer drone. I'll give good odds that those videos involve da dedicated pilot, a big production crew, and a lot of skillful editing.

Have you successfully used the Air 2 to do the things you describe?

what you have to remember with any drone ,that has the ability to auto follow a moving object is ,that it will be subject to the same environment and weather conditions ,as if it were being flown manually ,so its ability to keep up with a moving object will vary according to its height and the direction of the wind ,plus of course ,the actual terrain that the moving object is on ,that it is trying to follow ,also remember that its speed ,will compared to a more powerful drone ,also be a limiting factor ,in its ability to keep up with a fast moving object ,
While on the subject of auto-follow, have you or anyone heard of a device that can be attached to a person, and that auto-follow will ONLY be that person with the device attached to them (for instance a soccer player)? thx

Based on my limited experience with active track, I suggest riding slowly and in wide open spaces.

Ha ha ha I have way too much money tied up in drones to even consider those wacky prices they want for an electric car. But hey, I drive a company car so I have no dog in this fight. I just take what they give me. For once I get to sit back and watch the show unfold. But, back on topic, I live in central Georgia so some crackpot taking a shot at one of my drones is something I'm always thinking about. One thing for sure, that will be one sorry crackpot because I will press charges until everyone involved is sick of the sight of me.
What does this even have to do with what I asked?

Thanks to all that responded. My "follow me" would be open areas and farmlands. I guess I just don't want to buy something that is less capable of what I already own, I didn't know if the MM3 was a better option than my MA2 is all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato