DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still photo aspect ratios

5000msl

Reactions
I was going through all the various camera settings, video and still, while on the ground making sample videos/images to test with my editor/computer.

I changed the still photo camera aspect ration to 16:9 from what my memory tells me was 4:3, but when I went to set it back to 4:3 the only other option was 3:2.

Am I going crazy? What aspect ratio options do you see for the M2P? Aspect ratios are not listed in the specs.

Thanks

The only options are 16:9 and 3:2, memory is a funny thing!

I think there is a bug....
I took DNGs today in 16:9 and 3:2.
When selecting 3:2 the screen didnt change to it (it cropped a tiny tiny bit off each side) and the images saved were not 3:2.

The only actual 3:2 i saw was a jpg made by a HDR shot.

I'll test again tomorrow but im not sure its doing it right.

I think there is a bug....
I took DNGs today in 16:9 and 3:2.
When selecting 3:2 the screen didnt change to it (it cropped a tiny tiny bit off each side) and the images saved were not 3:2.

The only actual 3:2 i saw was a jpg made by a HDR shot.

I'll test again tomorrow but im not sure its doing it right.

Photoshop reported that my:
3:2 DNGs were 5464 x 3640 - pretty close to 3:2
16:9 DNGs were 5464 x 3070 (a little cut off the top and bottom, but just as wide)
The sensor size is 5472 × 3648, so 3:2 uses most of the sensor.

Reactions: rfc
I experience the same thing right after a firmware update - I brought up my M2P system with an Ipad and noticed that the aspect was set to 4:3. So, I selected the proper drop down menu and noticed that the only selections were the 2:3 and 16:9. I selected 2:3 and verified. Then I went back to the selection page and noticed NO selection for 4:3, only 16:9 and 2:3. I would like very much to be able to use the native ratio of 4:3. Am I also going crazy?

I was going through all the various camera settings, video and still, while on the ground making sample videos/images to test with my editor/computer.

I changed the still photo camera aspect ration to 16:9 from what my memory tells me was 4:3, but when I went to set it back to 4:3 the only other option was 3:2.

Am I going crazy? What aspect ratio options do you see for the M2P? Aspect ratios are not listed in the specs.

Thanks

Native photo aspect ratio on that 1" Sony sensor is 3:2

Native video aspect ratio is 16:9

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming