DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stock Carrying Case

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Maybe I am missing something but I really dislike the DJI Case that came with he fly more combo... However, I don't see anything else better for hiking for a decent price (under 100 preferably under 50).

I just put it in the bottom of my backpack as is and go, but really what drives me nutts is just having loose batteries in there and no good way to store the extra props. I literally am using the cardboard box that came with it to have the bag of extra props and batteries separated.

Just a small rant, I love the drone!

Maybe I am missing something but I really dislike the DJI Case that came with he fly more combo... However, I don't see anything else better for hiking for a decent price (under 100 preferably under 50).

I just put it in the bottom of my backpack as is and go, but really what drives me nutts is just having loose batteries in there and no good way to store the extra props. I literally am using the cardboard box that came with it to have the bag of extra props and batteries separated.

DJI cases are notoriously too small for practical use, other than shipping economy. The styrofoam Phantom cases were great, especially with a backpack case designed to cover them, but bulky, just like the drones.

consider 1 carrier for the drone , 1 , for the controller (can be soft due to its ruggedness) and 1 small box for the accesories...

consider 1 carrier for the drone , 1 , for the controller (can be soft due to its ruggedness) and 1 small box for the accesories...
Actually, that is exactly what I do, since I keep my dedicated iPads permanently mounted to each RC. They won't fit in any case that way, so I carry the drone and batteries in a soft-sided Smatree case, and the RC in the bottom of a small separate backpack that has a nice shoulder strap and a top carrying handle.

My stock bag is for sale.

Tbh that looks way too big for me , albeit a nice bag.

I am finding the current bag ok i confess but then i dont take out the spare props or charger when i am going out.
It’s not as big as it looks - see the images of the bloke carrying it. I find it very convenient as it takes everything, including an iPad & landing pad.

I actually saw this one, the lack of a single review makes me hesitate lol

You don't have it do you lol?

I don’t. I’m fine with the flymore bag for hiking. I don’t take all the accessories with me so it’s less full. Have a hard case for other uses.

I like this idea, however quick look on amazon what they have is really only for the mavik not the air 2.. the controller wouldn't fit might be able to make the other stuff work.

I don’t. I’m fine with the flymore bag for hiking. I don’t take all the accessories with me so it’s less full. Have a hard case for other uses.

Same, in fact I really like the Flymore bag for this purpose. I have a Nanuk 915 for travel/packing to take everything, but when I hike, I find the Flymore very agreeable.

It fits very nicely in the bottom of my backpack (North Face Recon) with plenty of room for other hiking gear (jacket, water, first aid, etc.).

I don't hike with every accessory. I don't need spare props or the charger. If something happens where I need to swap the props, I'm likely done flying for the day because I just did something poorly and likely wouldn't continue to fly anyways. For the hike, I might bring 2 or 3 spare batteries but typically only 1 in the drone and 1 for a spare. However I've been able to pack 4 batteries in the Flymore with the remote and aircraft, no problem.

One thing I did do (because I get the battery thing), is that I used the non-slip foam stuff you use in cabinets (like for a travel trailer) and cut them to size so I could stack the batteries in the Flyemore, keep some separation so they aren't rubbing on each other, and the material keeps them from moving around in the Flymore bag.

Here's a photo to explain what I mean:
Battery.jpg

Funny this came up because the only thing I hated was the non-removable extra long purse strap. I actually modified the strap today so I can remove it. I also cut about 18 inches off of it to make it easier to manage when it's on the bag. Now it's perfect.
Strap Removed.jpg

Strap Off.jpg

Strap on Bag.jpg

Attachments

• Strap Removed.jpg
    Strap Removed.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 7

What about a new backpack? I bought this one:

It's not under $50, but it is under $100. I like being able to configure it for either the drone or my SLR, with space for my hiking kit (and lunch).

What about a new backpack? I bought this one:

It's not under $50, but it is under $100. I like being able to configure it for either the drone or my SLR, with space for my hiking kit (and lunch).
Looks way to big for what you need, the one I got (link above) is the perfect size, and comes already configured for the MA2 & accessories

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada