DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen Mavic Air - What to do?

Sputnik18

Reactions
Dear Everybody,

I'm new on this forum and I would have loved to start writing about something else but unfortunately after 6 month by Mavic Air has been stolen.

I would like to receive your advice about whatI could do to be able to reach my drone.

One thief stole my bag with the drone during a private ceremony. I saw the day after that someone posted on Ebay a second hand mavic air and was taking picture of it (he didn't take pictures of all the items I still have home of course) and I think I could reconized it from some scratches I had on my Drone.

I have reported everything to the police but well.. I think that nothing will happen.

I have tried with "FIND MY DRONE" but it seams like I will never be able to see the position even if the new owner will turn it on.

I reported everything to DJI, and I ve sent to them copy of my user ID + code of my drone that was attached in the original Box. But they said that cannot shut it down or that it would be impossible to receive the position when they will turn it on.

I really don't know what could I do at this stage?

I'm quite sure that the thief has no idea how to delete the pictures that are Inside.. So I was thinking that if it might be bought from an "honest person" he could find me if I post the latest pictures I was taking.

So my question are:
- in witch website and forum should I post the information about my dronne? It's a good idea to post the serial number?
- Where could I post the last pictures?

Before buy a new one I just wanna try these last things.

Thank you guys in advance for reading my bad experience and thank you in advance for your suggestions.
I will really appreciate it.

Thank you
Grazie
Federico

Contact seller on Ebay and go look at it to buy. You could then verify serial number and notify police. If thief would recognize you have a friend go.

Try this- hopefully you get it back before this, but only try it after a month or longer to give it a chance for for pictures to show up on the internet. Its like Google image search but alerts you by searching EXIF data of posted photos for serial numbers when the camera is being used to post images on social media:

Stolen Camera Finder

Last edited:
Try this- hopefully you get it back before this, but only try it after a month or longer to give it a chance for for pictures to show up on the internet. Its like Google image search but alerts you by searching EXIF data of posted photos for serial numbers when the camera is being used to post images on social media:

Stolen Camera Finder

THank you for your reply.. I will try to do this.. I think it's the only way.

The thief gave us a fake serial number, We tried to ask for the phone to talk with him but he said He didnt wat to talk on the phone.. his adress is fake.. postal code didnt match with the city.

Anyway I guess my drone is gone.. In italy there is not much to do when people sell things on ebay :(

Thank you for your info. I appreciate it.

THank you for your reply.. I will try to do this.. I think it's the only way.

The thief gave us a fake serial number, We tried to ask for the phone to talk with him but he said He didnt wat to talk on the phone.. his adress is fake.. postal code didnt match with the city.

Anyway I guess my drone is gone.. In italy there is not much to do when people sell things on ebay :(

Thank you for your info. I appreciate it.

I hope you get it back. Post a message with the serial numbers on all the drone user sites, too.

And give the stolen camera finder site some time before you activate it, too. I suggest a couple weeks so the people that have it have time to post photos online, otherwise the search will not show anything.

Good luck!

Get a friend to go to buy it and have the friend turn it on and make sure it's set to RC and not WiFi. Turn on the controller at the same time. Your friend will need to act shocked that there was a fly away.

Reactions: STUFF2C
A hard lesson learned on trusting total strangers with your valuables. It will have you keeping your valuables closer to you in the future. It happens in EVERY country. Sorry for the loss.

Get a friend to go to buy it and have the friend turn it on and make sure it's set to RC and not WiFi. Turn on the controller at the same time. Your friend will need to act shocked that there was a fly away.

PERFECT... btw my first post

Talking about not keeping your stuff close to you, my dashcam caught this punk stealing a woman’s cellphone when she put it down to read the bus stop sign, what happened next gets worse- see caption description below the video for full story:

Cellphone theft and making threat with a “gun”

Definitely never turn your back on your drone or other personal property while out in public!

Talking about not keeping your stuff close to you, my dashcam caught this punk stealing a woman’s cellphone when she put it down to read the bus stop sign, what happened next gets worse- see caption description below the video for full story:

Cellphone theft and making threat with a “gun”

Definitely never turn your back on your drone or other personal property while out in public!

Nice panning shot to capture the crime! Did you manually turn it while driving because you suspected something may be about to happen?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme