DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stored batteries discharged

erwol

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm traveling in Sri Lanka and didn't use the drone for two weeks. Last time I used it, I charged all the batteries + the controller. Today I checked and all the batteries plus the controller were at the same level: 2 points and the third one blinking. Did I messed up something? The temperature here is 30° to 40° although my equipment was never directly exposed to the sun, and there's quite a lot of humidity. Now I don't know if I should just fly, test all the batteries... What are your advices?

Thanks!

It is normal for the batteries to self discharge while stored. Just recharge them before using.
Don't ever let them sit for 3 months without charging or they may become useless.

Reactions: erwol
Yup, they do that. It's part of the "intelligence" of the battery, and thank goodness.

LiIon cells do not like to be stored fully charged. It reduces their peak capacity and cycle life -- quite a bit.

Optimal stored charge is 50%. The batteries will self-discharge to 50% after a number of days without use, the interval configurable in GO4.

Reactions: erwol
It is normal for the batteries to self discharge while stored. Just recharge them before using.
Don't ever let them sit for 3 months without charging or they may become useless.
Thanks for the reply. I was really worried [emoji28] What should I do prior to store them for few months?

Yup, they do that. It's part of the "intelligence" of the battery, and thank goodness.

LiIon cells do not like to be stored fully charged. It reduces their peak capacity and cycle life -- quite a bit.

Optimal stored charge is 50%. The batteries will self-discharge to 50% after a number of days without use, the interval configurable in GO4.
I had no idea. I would say that as so many things this is not in the manual that comes with the aircraft... Thanks!

I had no idea. I would say that as so many things this is not in the manual that comes with the aircraft... Thanks!
it would be nice, so people don't worry. regardless ,it's awesome they do that.

It’s clearly stated in the online manual (along with much more information)

It’s clearly stated in the online manual (along with much more information)
Hey! Thanks for the tip. I meant like 'old school' manual, not online one, but it's nice knowing more information is available there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute