DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing drones in Havana Airport, any experience?

Dorin

Reactions
Hi there,

I will be traveling for 3 months in Central and Latin America’s. Unfortunately from Costa Rica we’ll be flying to Havana via Panama with no time to get out of the airport and drop the Mavic to luggage storage in Panama airport, therefore will go straight to Havana.
Drones in Cuba are considered contraband, so there is a no-go, I was just wondering does anyone know if one can leave the drone with customs for storage and take it out when leaving or is just going to be confiscated (from all the stories I hear)

Cheers,
Dorin

is it so difficult to look at it as a country that is trying to increase its tourism? I was asking if you have any experience first or second hand not your political views

Reactions: dfrancos
is it so difficult to look at it as a country that is trying to increase its tourism? I was asking if you have any experience first or second hand not your political views

So what part of the EU are you from? Communism isn’t that bad, if they have nice beaches, innit?

Source: Living in two Communist countries

Reactions: dannybgoode
And, after Cuba, you flight back home, or go by another country?

I’m from Switzerland and grew up in Romania (@Raven: at the seaside ) , so first hand experience with communism and direct democracy.

We’ll be traveling to the following counties (in brackets I put the drone flying status)
Columbia (ok),
Costa Rica (ok)
Cuba (no go)
Ecuador (yes upon an unknown import tax, also looks like a non refundable one, can go from USD 350 to 95% purchase value)
Peru (ok upon refundable import tax)
Bolivia (don’t know yet)
Easter islands (don’t know yet)

Given the Cuba situation I may have to give up the idea of having the Mavic with me, I don’t mind paying, the locations we visit are stunning, is worth it, but impending seizing is a bummer....

Cheers,
Dorin

I’m from Switzerland and grew up in Romania (@Raven: at the seaside ) , so first hand experience with communism and direct democracy.

We’ll be traveling to the following counties (in brackets I put the drone flying status)
Columbia (ok),
Costa Rica (ok)
Cuba (no go)
Ecuador (yes upon an unknown import tax, also looks like a non refundable one, can go from USD 350 to 95% purchase value)
Peru (ok upon refundable import tax)
Bolivia (don’t know yet)
Easter islands (don’t know yet)

Given the Cuba situation I may have to give up the idea of having the Mavic with me, I don’t mind paying, the locations we visit are stunning, is worth it, but impending seizing is a bummer....

Cheers,
Dorin
If you carry the Mavic with you as cabin baggage, will you have to pay taxes in Cuba? Why is that? How much could it be?

Plenty of forum members here have been to Cuba with a mavic, give a search and see what you can find.

Last edited:
I would be afraid giving all of the stories and videos I have read where they were supposedly seized at CUSTOMS with the understanding that you can pick it up when u leave. When it came time to leave, NOBODY could find it. The people had to leave otherwise they missed their flight. Don’t know if any of them eventually got their drone back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter